Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 6,225 Members online 268K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

Who I have the same questioned this topic

No wifi calling option on Galaxy S8+ after recent system update. It used to work.
jeeprat

After the recent system update, I started receiving prompts on my Galaxy S8+ about updating my emergency address for wifi calling but, since I wasn't currently using wifi calling and didn't have an updated address to enter, I ignored the prompts.  Now I'd like to use wifi calling but the setting under advanced calling isn't even visible. I've bounced the HD calling off and on again to see if it will reset the feature but there is still no wifi calling setting under advanced calling even with HD Voice enabled.   Is it relavent that I'm connecting to my Jetpack hotspot for wifi?  We're in a bad cell area and the hotspot is located at the back of our RV where the signal is strongest but, 35 feet away in the front of the RV, the signal is not strong enough to get a decent voice call. Can the system sense when you're connected to a Jetpack vs a standard wifi network and disable the wifi calling feature? Does anyone have any ideas?  Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Who I have the same questioned this topic