Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 6,057 Members online 269K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

Who I have the same questioned this topic

Promised Discount Not Applied
rempson
Contributor - Level 1

At the end of March, I received a notice that I was eligible to upgrade to the Iphone XR with a $300 discount.  No small print stating it must be a new line, no small print that it must be with Unlimited Plan.  Too good to be true, I went through the motions of ordering online to see if discount appeared or not.  

About then, "Alex" the Vz CSR appeared in chat and offered help.  I asked him about the discount, he assured me that he would apply the discount on his end.  I asked if I needed a new line.  Nope, he said.  I asked if Unlimited Plan was required.  He assured me I could keep my current plan of 5 GB for $55 a month.  He said my new phone would be $12.50 off a month, which would appear on my bill.

I then went on to ask about trading in my old phone and he gave me a link to see trade-in value.  It said my phone was worth $180 trade-in. Alex explained that I would get an additional $7.50 a month discount toward new phone purchase, making my monthly payment of my new Iphone $11.50.  He quoted me a total monthly bill of $66..xx .  I asked Alex if I could have everything he told me in writing and he said I could have transcript of our conversation emailed to me.  Which I did.

Stating that if for sure his numbers were all accurrate and I would receive $300 off plus trade-in, I would go ahead and order new Iphone.  Alex informed me he already applied $300 discount to my account and I would begin to see the monthly discount of $12.50 within 1-2 billing cycles.  We ordered the phone, I did the request for trade-in and all seemed well.

My trade-in was processed quickly, but instead of monthtly discount of $7.50, the entire $180 was applied on my account and I was okay with that.  Got my first bill and there wasn't a $12.50 discount on my phone.  I chatted with Vz online and was assured they could see the $300 discount on my account and it would begin next billing cycle.

Second billing cylce came around and still no $12.50 discount.  I again reached out via chat to Vz and this time I was asked "did you get a new line?" "didn't  you do a trade-in?".  I  answered both questions and was told they read my transcript with Alex and this current CSR was going to file a report and escalate to promo department and I would hear within 7 days.  On day 8, I again contacted Vz to say "hey no one got back to me" and she said she could read everything and she was going to contact her superiors and I would hear within 3 days.  Today is day four and still no response.

Today all print outs of my conversations with Verizon go to the BBB, along with a complaint that I am going to file.  I am pretty sure that when I have in writing what Verizon quoted me prior to the sale and promised after, all constitutes an agreement and I am confident that the BBB will side with me.  

I have been a Vz customer since 2006 and this is the first time they have failed to keep their word to me.   

Labels (1)
Who I have the same questioned this topic