Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15 Plus. Newphoria. Get it on us with select Unlimited plans. New line req'd. No trade-in req'd. Online only. Ends 3.31. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 3,609 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions

Who I have the same questioned this topic

The Truth about Verizon First Responder Priority Features
mervin0587
Enthusiast - Level 3

For any first responder signed up with Verizon Wireless' Mobile Broadband Priority or Wireless Priority Service, be aware the service is not "always on" as advertised by Verizon.  The features may be on your line or device, but Verizon actually has to activate the priority capabilities on their end during an ongoing disaster, they are not "always on" as advertised.  Most of my department has made the switch to FirstNet which offers these priority features at all times.  Verizon talked me into staying with them stating they could offer me the same.  After being at various events on saturated networks and noticing no difference than before the features were added, I started inquiring and finally got the correct answer from a technical support rep that it could take hours or days after a catastrophic disaster for these services to be turned on on Verizon's end.  Once FirstNet's coverage reaches close to that of Verizon's, I will officially be making the switch.  The reason for my post is so that other responders are aware that they do not need to rely on priority features during local incidents of network overload, the priority features on your device will be of absolutely no benefit for you most of the time.  I hate this because I've been a Verizon customer since 2005 and they've always advertised that they are "the dedicated first reponder network".  Apparently that advertisement is no longer valid.

Who I have the same questioned this topic