Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 4,529 Members online 269K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

Who I have the same questioned this topic

30KB MMS Size Limit on RECEIVE only
xPWn3Rx

Hi all - I have a problem with my device that appears to need to be fixed by Verizon. The device can send and received normal MMS with GIFs, Videos, Pictures, but ANYTHING that is sent to me, GIF, Video, picture is converted to a jpg at 30kb max. This stops GIF animations, videos don't work, and pictures with detail are so degraded, you can't even tell what you are supposed to be looking at.

I am not new to Android, and have found that I can get this to work with the Verizon Messages+ app, and everything works normally. However, that application crashes regularly and consumed 31% of the battery used on my device yesterday with minimal usage.

I suspect this may be a problem with something on Verizons side because I have tried Google Messenger, Textra, Chomp, Facebook Messenger, and none of them can receive more than 30kb media. I have tried recompiling the stock messenger app on the phone using the useragent that Messages+ uses, as well as useragents from the Pixel phones. None of that has helped.

The device in question is a Xiaomi Mi Mix 3. Do not tell me to buy another device or try to sell me one. This is the device I want, and everything works except for receiving MMS, which is almost certainly being hampered by Verizon. There are dozens of other people using this device on Sprint, T-Mobile, AT&T and other carriers that do not have this problem using the stock app or others.

I want Verizon to change whatever needs to be modified to stop this from happening on their side.

0 Likes
Who I have the same questioned this topic