Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15 Plus. Newphoria. Get it on us with select Unlimited plans. New line req'd. No trade-in req'd. Online only. Ends 3.31. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 4,814 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions

Who I have the same questioned this topic

Is Customer Retention a Priority for Verizon?
L_G_3
Enthusiast - Level 1

With Verizon being a premium carrier, I’m surprised recruitment of new customers seems to trump retention of those who’ve demonstrated loyalty. After 16 years as a subscriber, sticking with Verizon through multiple trials and tribulations of service quality, pricing increases, program changes, I do expect to be valued. My credit cards reward me for sticking around. My banks provide extra value as a thank you. Why doesn’t my cell phone provider? Reduced program pricing is only one example. Of course, there are others. For example, I’m ready to upgrade two of the four phones on my account. Looking around I see no programs being offered by Verizon that don’t require a new line or some other add-on. Even the trade-in value for my current phones pale by comparison to what Apple offers. Contrasted to what other carriers are offering (i.e. AT&T and T-Mobile each offering various Buy-One-Get-One programs on the iPhone Xr), and the ease with which a number can be instantly ported, I honestly see little reason to stay with Verizon. With subsidies no longer available those concessions make all the difference in the world. It’s perfectly understandable that Verizon would want to entice new customers – companies need to strategically grow or die – but treating those new customers better than those you’ve already made an investment in and those who have made an investment in you is a strategy that eventually fails no matter what business you’re in. Please understand I’m not just looking to vent. If I just wanted to complain I could have done it in far fewer words. I’d like to remain. I have no need to switch for the sake of switching. I’d prefer to continue this relationship. I’m simply asking for help to understand why I should. Thank you.

0 Likes
Who I have the same questioned this topic