Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15 Plus. Newphoria. Get it on us with select Unlimited plans. New line req'd. No trade-in req'd. Online only. Ends 3.31. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 3,790 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions

Who I have the same questioned this topic

How do I complain to corporate?
MICPOE75
Enthusiast - Level 1

I recently returned my Pixel 2 XL because of screen burn in (well known issue with these phones). I was within the 2 year manufacturer warranty period for this issue (Google rep instructed me to go through Verizon). I received my replacement and thought all was well. Yesterday I received a notice that the phone I sent to Verizon was "defective" and I was being charged $300. There was a picture attached to the email indicating the defect, but I have yet to be able to open the picture because, "page does not exist." I spent 2+ hours on the line with tech "support" yesterday wrangling with them about this issue; interestingly they couldn't see the picture either. It was escalated to Advanced Tech Support and the lady I spoke with eventually hung up on me; she couldn't see the picture, but told me that according to the "warehouse" the charging port was bent. I was frustrated and angry, because other than the screen burn in, the phone was in perfect operating condition. Even though I was upset, I don't believe I was being belligerent.

Moving the story along, called back got a different tech person, explained the issue again; got transferred again. Spoke to advanced tech support. This guy tells me that water had gotten into the charging port and there was corrosion (btw, he couldn't see the "picture" either). I have no idea how that may have happened, because I'm as careful with my phone as I am with my kids. Regardless, I just wanted the screen fixed on the phone...the charging port was fine. I requested they send the phone back and I would return the phone I had been sent. Nope, can't do that. The phone is Verizon's now and I owe $300, plus the $500ish I still owe for the original phone. More time on the phone. During this time, I'm explaining that I have the chat transcript from Google, explaining what I should do, as well as the chat transcript from Verizon. The Advanced Tech Guy goes through the chat transcript from Verizon, because he thinks the person on the chat gave me all of the disclaimers; she didn't. When he realized she hadn't he puts me on hold, to talk to his boss (why do I feel like I'm at a car dealership?). Anyways, he comes back and is all proud that Verizon is gonna help me out and knock the $300 down to $150. $150 for an issue that was never an issue for me, nor the reason I sent the phone in (remember, screen burn in...well known issue with the pixel 2 XL, just check the internet). Ok, now I'm livid. It's clear Verizon is patting themselves on the back at this point for doing me a solid and I'm not getting anywhere else. I disconnect the call.

So today I spend the day checking out other carriers. I see T-Mobile will pay off my pixel 2 xl and their plans are cheaper than Verizon's. I also recognize that T-Mobile's network isn't as good as Verizon's, but I can deal with service issues (I had Sprint for 2 years...no way T-Mobile is worse than Sprint). But I think, "you know, I've been willing to pay for better service and I like the service, so I'll give Verizon another shot." So I decided to come here and see how I go about complaining to corporate about this. What do I want? I want my old phone back and/or the $150 taken off of my account. What don't I want? I don't want to spent another 2+ hours on the phone. So, if you've hung with me this far and you could tell me how to reach out to corporate, I'd very much appreciate it.

Labels (2)
Who I have the same questioned this topic