Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 2,875 Members online 268K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

Who I have the same questioned this topic

Verizon No Longer Supporting 4G LTE Capable Phones!
WHOSTHEMASTER
Enthusiast - Level 3

Been with Verizon for over 15 years.  Regularly upgrading phones and plans.  Currently have 7 lines.  So I've seen just about everything Verizon has to offer.

Today I spent over 2 hours on the phone being on hold and speaking with a customer service rep and the technical support department.  Unfortunately, I was not successful transferring a Blackberry Q10 between two lines.  Though the Q10 is a fully functioning smart phone capable of utilizing the 4G LTE network, Verizon has decided to no longer allow this phone to be "activated" on a new line.  The reason I was provided for why my Q10 would not be supported was not clear.  I needed to search the Internet for an acceptable answer.

Verizon will no longer activate a phone that is incapable of supporting 4G LTE AND VoLTE.  The best way I can explain VoLTE (Voice over LTE) is like voice over IP where internet companies offer telephone services.  Upon further research, my Q10 does support VoLTE.  I've confirmed this in the network settings: IMS Status connected.

So why has Verizon decided to push obsolescence on this phone, which I paid them good money to use on their network?  This is the type of business practice and service that will make me take all my 7 lines to another company.  In the past that consideration would have been very difficult to impossible.  But since Verizon has committed to moving away from CDMA it makes it very simple for Verizon phones to be compatible with many other providers.

Verizon, if any of what I'm saying is incorrect, please chime in.

Labels (1)
Who I have the same questioned this topic