Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 8,448 Members online 268K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

Who I have the same questioned this topic

Does Verizon care about customer retention?
Mainedad
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have been with Verizon for 20 years and spoke to a number of customer service representatives recently.  Everything that I have been told basically says that Verizon cares more about new customers than old.  I'm looking to upgrade two phones to the new iphone xs and after being a loyal customer for two decades am told that I would need to pay full price when new customers get a great offer.  I have not upgraded since the iphone 5 because I have been waiting for a deal for existing customers.  I have been told by representatives that Verizon rolls out different deals all the time and some favor new customers and some favor existing customers.  After doing a simple internet search, I have looked up all the deals over the last two years, and there is no question that new customers are where the deals are driven to.  To be clear, having to add a new line is not a great deal to an existing customer as it only increases our bill.  The last day of my billing cycle is tomorrow, and I will be going to a competitor and moving my lines over.  I never wanted to be someone who jumped carriers but it seems like the smart move is to switch every two years as there is no incentive to stay loyal.  For current customers, I hope Verizon understands that while new customers are an essential part of growing a business, keeping the current customers you have is the only way to sustain growth.  Considering they are the most expensive of the carriers, you would think those of us that are willing to pay a little extra to stay, would be appreciated.  It seems after twenty years, it's time to move on.

Labels (1)
Who I have the same questioned this topic