Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 6,287 Members online 269K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

Who I have the same questioned this topic

Moto Z Force Droid extreme battery drain since Oreo update
Looneyman
Enthusiast - Level 3

Recently, my Moto Z Force Droid finally received the long promised 8.0 Oreo update. And, like many, many others, Oreo has rendered my Z Force phone basiclly useless due to a ridiculously fast battery drain, even when the phone is sitting idle with the screen off. Just a week or so ago, before the trainwreck that is Android 8, the battery would last in standby mode for days, and would easily last an entire day of my "normal" amount of use. Now, when idle with the screen off the battery drains from 100% to 0 in less than seven hours, and if I actually try to use the phone the battery life drops to under two hours. This is unacceptable.  Personally, I think it's time for Lenovo and Verizon to step up and admit they totally messed things  up with this update, and either release a downgrade back to Android 7, or, if the rumors are true that the Oreo update did in fact damage these phones, replace all affected Moto Z Force Droids free of charge.

​Content modified as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Labels (1)
Who I have the same questioned this topic