Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 7,987 Members online 269K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

Who I have the same questioned this topic

Slow LTE Speeds After Switching Plans
OSCROJ36
Enthusiast - Level 1

I recently upgraded from an iPhone 6 to the X and was required to change plans from Large 8GB to Go Unlimited. Ever since the change, my data speeds is being throttled during my morning and evening commutes. I'm nowhere near the 22GB limit, so I don't understand why my speeds are so slow. I'm not able to stream on Spotify or Pandora w/o incessant buffering. Prior to the change, something like this was never an issue.

I travel from 01970 to 02111 during my commute. Since I am paying a higher monthly premium and am not near the 22GB, I don't see why my speeds should be getting throttled -- especially for something as basic as streaming a music service. It's not like it's video or a graphic-heavy application.

I see from other posts on these forums that I'm not the only one experiencing this issue. Could someone please explain why this is happening? AND resolve it? I upgraded phones b/c I was experiencing the well-known battery issues on the iPhone6. Now, I'm regretting the upgrade (phone and plan) as well as staying on Verizon.

Labels (1)
Who I have the same questioned this topic