Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15 Plus. Newphoria. Get it on us with select Unlimited plans. New line req'd. No trade-in req'd. Online only. Ends 3.31. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu

Who I have the same questioned this topic

Are there any known issues with a cantenna when your unlimited plan goes from 4g to 3g?
JOHSQU76

Ever since we converted our home internet, that uses a Verizon Cantenna to the new unlimited plan the 10 gig of 4G date is used up in less then 10 days (even if no devices are connected).

What's worse when it drops to 3G it becomes unusable.  It takes approx 10 min to even bring up the verizon.com web page.   I've called support several times and gotten a different answer every time, but usually I just get someone who wants me to change my device from the unlimited plan to a set limit data plan at a much higher cost.

I see nothing on the Verizon web site that says that the Cantenna is not compatible with 3G, and if it isn't shouldn't that be something that is mentioned when a customer goes to change their plan?

I've also been told that Verizon doesn't intend on the Cantenna to be a home based internet solution.  But that's not how the system was sold to us.  It was sold as the perfect solution to areas that don't have access to Fios or other wired internet options.

0 Likes
Who I have the same questioned this topic