Corporate Verizon Stores vs. Non Corporate Stores

ROSMOR95

I have been a Verizon customer for over 30 years. I presently have five lines and have been very happy with my service at Verizon. I have used the same store for years  and have always been satisfied until May 29, 2017 when my son needed a new iPhone due to a cracked screen on his iPhone 6 that he had already had repaired once. He went into the store we normally use and they told him since I had an upgrade on another line he could use that upgrade and since he had paid 50% of the price on his iPhone 6 that amount he owed would go away and he would only need to pay for the new iPhone 7. Lo and behold when I got my monthly bill  I am being charged for the balance of the iPhone 6 and the new iPhone 7 and the clerk at my store told us we would only be paying one penny more. When I called Verizon I was told I would have to go back to the store and they would have to make the changes for me. I went back to the store only to find out they can't make changes because they are not a corporate store and I had to go to a corporate store to have the changes made. My question is that this is the first I've ever heard that the store I've been going to for years is not a corporate store and I'm wondering why would anyone go to a store that's a non-corporate store if they can't make any changes. They couldn't even change my email address they had my old email address from 30 years ago when I asked them to update it they said I can't.  My husband and son went to the corporate store and told them we shouldn't be billed for the iphone 6 but they said sorry we have to pay it off. Had I known this, I would have made him live with the cracked screen.  I guess the non-corporate stores can tell you whatever they want to make you get a new phone. They blatantly lied to me and my son and corporate says that's what they do. So beware of the non-corporate Verizon Wireless stores. I am very dissatisfied with the service I have received. I was actually told my bill would be lower with the new phone! I questioned the salesperson  ultiple times and was told I would be paying less. I received no contract and nothing in writing. They told me they sent it to my old email address and can't send it to my new one!  I really think Verizon has to do something about these stores and the people who work there. They blatantly lied and I don't understand how Verizon allows this! 

Labels (1)
Who I have the same questioned this topic