Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 9,123 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions
there is a green line along the side of my iphone X
WEB2000

Today a green line appeared along the side of my Iphone X.  The phone is less than 2 weeks old.  I've been reading that there is nothing that can be done about it except exchanging the phone.  Is this true?

Bill

Personal information removed as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: there is a green line along the side of my iphone X
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

What troubleshooting steps have you attempted since you started having this issue?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Yep. That's a hardware issue. Either work with the manufacturer directly or have Verizon Wireless facilitate the warranty process for you. You will only get a refurbished phone from VZW. You will either get your phone fixed or replaced completely by the manufacturer.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
QUESCR62

Yes my phone did the exact same thing today too except my phone screen went black and hasn't turned back on since. never dropped it and never been in water just got super hot and fried.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It's frustrating when your device is having issues with the screen going blank and getting hot, Quescr62. Let me see what's going on and work on getting this device issue resolved. Are you running any third party apps on your device? How many apps are running in the background when this problem happens? 

Edwin_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes