iphone xs device credit not showing up after three billing cycles
KMUSR
Enthusiast - Level 2

I posted a message here a month ago about a device credit of $400 for an iphone xs we upgraded to. At that time we had just received the first bill after upgrade but there was no device credit on it. I then waited for my second and now my third bill and device credit is still not showing up. The phone was purchased on 23 Dec 2019 and there was a $400 device credit on it. I am now on the phone with a rep and they are not able to find any promotion dating back. This is the same garbage verizon pulled on me a year back on another upgrade and it took several calls to sort it out. They are pulling this garbage again on me. It looks like they don't offer the promised device credits for anyone unless they call and call and be on the phone with them multiple time over multiple days / weeks. It is a very deceptive and deplorable business practice for a company that is supposed to be the best in the industry.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: iphone xs device credit not showing up after three billing cycles
KMUSR
Enthusiast - Level 2

this issue is finally resolved to our satisfaction after being on the phone for 2 hours and producing documentation as proof for the original conversation we had while ordering the phone.

A word of advice for Verzion corp office. When you make a promise to a customer please follow through on it without the customer having to call you multiple times. For every one customer you may save money on by these techniques, you may lose 5 others who leave out of frustration and never come back.

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for reaching out to us today. We never want you to feel deceived and we would be happy to help look over your account to make sure that you get all qualifying discounts or promotions. Are you still on the phone with one of our agents? Do you have any more information or a screenshot of the promotion? 

RogerZ_VZW

0 Likes
KMUSR
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am still on hold with the agent. That agent did not find any promotion and is offering a small upfront credit as a compensation. I have told her I would go to court if I have to to get the promised credit. Unfortunately it is all on a online chat and I have saved the entire chat and in it I had asked multiple times about the device credit on an upgrade and the agent promised the credit. I don't have any other screenshots

0 Likes
KMUSR
Enthusiast - Level 2

that device credit was posted on multiple forums at the time (last week of Dec) and that is the reason I chatted online and they conformed the device credit.

0 Likes
KMUSR
Enthusiast - Level 2

here are sections from the chat:

Christopher:
Great! Your current phone is paid off and ready to upgrade!
Christopher:
Great! I'm going to ask you a few questions so I can help you find the perfect phone for you today!
Christopher:
I will just need to check in with you every so often to keep the chat active. I hope you don't mind!
You:
if there is no $400 off we are wasting each others time
You:
can you tell e for sure if there is any deal on this upgrade
Christopher:
The device is eligible for the $400 off.

You:
I want final confirmation I am getting $400 off on the iphone XS 64GB model.
Christopher:
You will.
Christopher:
Now, I will be sending you the legally required disclosures associated with your order today. You’ll also get a copy of these disclosures in your confirmation email once the order is placed. Please note that any applicable promotional pricing will not be displayed in the terms and conditions.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

KMUSR, we would love to take a closer look at what has happened. Please respond to the Private Message that we are sending.

LorenB_VZW If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
KMUSR
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was not able to find the reply button to that message. This promotion did not require any trade-in. The agent found the entire chat and is working on it

0 Likes
KMUSR
Enthusiast - Level 2

The agent gets back to me and says I need to call every month to get device credit - that is the best they could offer. What kind of nonsense is this? They expect me to waste a good chunk of a day each month to get a credit they promised will happen automatically. Never knew verizon can pull newer and newer scheme to deceive the customers.

0 Likes
KMUSR
Enthusiast - Level 2

this issue is finally resolved to our satisfaction after being on the phone for 2 hours and producing documentation as proof for the original conversation we had while ordering the phone.

A word of advice for Verzion corp office. When you make a promise to a customer please follow through on it without the customer having to call you multiple times. For every one customer you may save money on by these techniques, you may lose 5 others who leave out of frustration and never come back.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand the importance of receiving your promotion as soon as possible. Please tell us a little more, was this promotion for port-in your numbers from a different carrier?

MariaV_VZW

0 Likes