iPhone XR promotion not working
YouMatterToo
Enthusiast - Level 1

Mid December I opened a new line with Verizon with unlimited plan. Promotion said I get a free IPhone XR with brand new unlimited plan but my bill is coming up and has me being charged for the phone.

Labels (1)
Re: iPhone XR promotion not working
daremo-12

Same thing is happening to us except it was a promotion from July.  They told me to wait 3 months, nothing they they claimed to fix it, every month its the same thing.

0 Likes
ekuryluk

I'm in a similar situation. There was a promo in November to get $400 off an XR with a new line. We added a new line, bought an XR and I'm still waiting for the promo to be applied. I've tried calling, but the automated phone system can't handle issues like this. Pressing 0 leads to long hold times. When I finally got someone, he said to wait until next month's bill to see if gets applied. If not, call back again. If this contimues through one more billing cycle, I'm calling my credit card company to dispute the charge. So tired of wasting time with Verizon.

0 Likes
ekuryluk

Update: I just called. Got that automated voice chat, but got to a human by hitting 0 a bunch of times. System said they were experiencing longer than normal hold times, but someone picked up in less than 15 seconds. Calling at 2:40 EST seems to be key to getting around long hold times.

The customer service agent said no discount was used on the purchase, but he was able to look it up and find find the discount offer based on what I remembered of the promo. He said he appied it and it should show up in the next billing cycle. We'll see. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Good afternoon ekuryluk! Verizon certainly understands how extremely busy many of our customers are and we always value your time. There are times when our call volume may be heavier than normal. In those instances, we offer other options to reach us. (e.g. Our Live Chat and Social Media options) For future reference, you can check these options out at http://spr.ly/66071dJ6J. We're glad to hear that you were able to reach our Customer Service team by phone. We've also noted your reference to being advised that a discount would be applied to your account on your next billing statement. Discounts being applied to our customer's accounts may take between 1-2 bill cycles. Noting your reference to the representative applying the credit discount to your account, please check your email account to see if a copy of your next bill summary was sent to you. It will include the amount of the credit/discount applied to your account. Please be sure to check your email account's spam folder too. - RobertC_VZW

0 Likes
whazzup1

Same issue here.  Called and chatted 4 times about why I am being charged $24.99 per month for a phone that I'm suppose to be paying $12.49. Fell for the promotion back in November and it still hasnt adjusted like I was told it was.  Typical bait and switch.  Anyone get the discount yet?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

whazzup1, 

I'm so sorry to hear that you are paying more than expected for your device. We want to be sure that you receive this promotion! Please reply to my Direct Message, so we can gather the details needed to resolve this matter. 

MichelleH_VZW

0 Likes
Jcobb014
Enthusiast - Level 2

Was it ever applied? I’m constantly dealing with similar issues. “The promo won’t show up for x number of billing cycles”.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure that all of your questions are answered.  The Device Payment Agreement stays with the phone number no matter what devices are moved to what phone number.  If you change the device on a phone number or change the actual phone number itself on that line, the Device Payment plan/promotion will still stay with the same “line”.  Here is more information:

https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/device-payment-faqs/

Does this help?  Did you have other questions that we can assist you with?

SeanC_VZW

0 Likes