Re: iPhone X order status
geek1983
Enthusiast - Level 3

nj here and I ordered the space grey 256gig which is coming from Memphis, Tennessee

0 Likes
jannyflo2

Of course it has plenty to do with it.  Believe it or not, everyone simply cannot make their credit card UN-decline.  Some folks don't have the funds to cover the charge.  Also, you are assuming everyone checks their spam folders.  I for one check maybe once a year! LOL!  A person's account can go from current to past due in exactly one day.  If that happens, the credit department will cancel the order.  The credit department may also cancel an order if they feel the account has too many open lines with large balances.

Former Verizon employee!

0 Likes
BlkGenius
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yeah, except you're not the only former verizon employee and i'm sure I hold the title of "former" more recently. Verizon isn't canceling anyone's order by their account going past due for 1 day, or even 30 days. Now if the account is in a suspended status that's different. But you can continue pedaling the theories.

0 Likes
jannyflo2

Actually you are wrong, but OK.

I am not about to argue with someone whom I do not know, especially when they are wrong.

TOOTLES!

0 Likes
rpgarrett75703
Enthusiast - Level 3

The reason my card was declined was because the credit card company thought the purchase was fraudulent because of the amount of the purchase since I purchased 2 phones. A Verizon rep told me many cards were declined for this exact same reason. Certainly there could be many other reasons for declining a card. Since this happened I put a fraud alert on my card which means that if a purchase is flagged as potentially fraudulent the card company will text me and immediately give me the opportunity to OK the purchase. In the end I was able to immediately able to update the card after receiving the email and it didn't have any impact on my order as I'm set to have the phones delivered on 11/3. They're currently sitting in Elizabeth, NJ and hopefully will be on their way later tonight or early morning.

0 Likes
BlkGenius
Enthusiast - Level 3

Right, a ton of reasons why a card would be declined and Verizon will make an attempt to reach out to the customer holding their place in line to rectify the issue before releasing their device.

0 Likes
norskejan
Enthusiast - Level 2

I ordered my Silver 256 X as soon as the Apple Store came online, and my order was completed a few minutes after midnight, and I received a confirmation email shortly thereafter with a Delivery date of Nov. 3.

I'm doing the payment plan with Verizon, but I bought Apple Care. My credit card was charged on Oct. 30 for the Apple Care + tax on the phone, so $308.

As of this evening Nov 1, I have NOT received a Ship email  😞   I live in a remote location, and am concerned I won't get my phone on Friday.

0 Likes
im_simonds
Contributor - Level 1

If you have been charged, you will get it on Friday.

0 Likes
norskejan
Enthusiast - Level 2

I hope you are right!

0 Likes
SYESDNIL11
Enthusiast - Level 2

Has anyone else gone on Fedex tracking, tried to click the button that’s says “Hold at Location” and get a message that says “This option is not available for this shipment, please contact the shipper?”

0 Likes