iPhone X dropping connections when attempting to merge call
RAYFRI36

I recently returned from an overseas trip and now, when attempting to merge calls, the connection gets dropped for the original call and the call I am attempting to add.  Did not have this problem before the trip.  I used Verizon’s $10 per day while roaming in Costa Rica.  I have LTE set to both voice and data (tried data only which did not appear to make a difference) and have WiFi calling enabled. What gives?  I am in zip code 78735.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: iPhone X dropping connections when attempting to merge call
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

RAYFRI36, this would be an odd surprise after your Costa Rica trip. We'll get this fixed. You said that this started when you returned recently, how long ago was this? Do you have problems with other calls? Is anyone else affected?

JoelR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
RAYFRI36

So I heard from JoelR_VZW and cannot reply by email or via the link in the email.  In answering his questions:

I returned on Monday of this past week. The issue started on Tuesday. I have noticed more droppped calls in my home as well, but that may be on the other end or just coincidence.

Hey Verizon, it would be nice if when your people reply and I get an email if the links in the email actually worked!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

RAYFRI36,

We're here for you, and saddened to hear you are unable to reply back. We can relate to how important it is that your call cocnerns are resolved. What happens when you reset your network settings then test?

Just in case: http://spr.ly/6587D3j5V

KatiM_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
RAYFRI36

Resetting the network connection does nothing.  What other things need to be tried?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

RAYFRI36-

I realize the importance of being able to merge calls without any issues. Please allow me to take a step back to ensure we get to the root cause of this issue. Does this happen in an specific location or with certain numbers? Is your software up to date? Settings>General>software update.

CarmenT_VZW

0 Likes
Timscrew265

Hi there, I am experiencing the same thing. It started up after returning from Ireland. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This concern is definitely something we want to address quickly for you, especially when conference calls are such an important part of managing personal and business needs.

Our technicians have engaged with Apple on this and are working towards a resolution. There are no updates at this time, but rest assured it is being worked on. Please keep this board updated with any developments you may have.

ColinH_VZW

0 Likes
weggy75

Hi,  I am also having this problem on my iphone xr running ios 12.1.4.     The problem started about 2 or 3 weeks ago after installing the latest ios patch.  When can we expect Verizon Wireless / Apple to fix  this problem? 

0 Likes
vjverizon

I have been having this same issue and it is very frustrating.

Resets done, everything updated. 

number doesn't matter. 

WiFi calling is off because it creates more issue even for the normal call. 

0 Likes