iPhone X Visual Voicemail Not Working
Phyxd

All,

When I switched phones from my Samsung Galaxy S8 and everything went fine except visual voicemail doesn't work.

All I receive is a weird text message from Verizon and do not receive any notification of a voicemail.

I have tried reading the forums and tried resetting my network settings but nothing seems to have worked.

Can someone help me with this?

Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: iPhone X Visual Voicemail Not Working
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Did you have visual voicemail on the S8?  Did you reuse the SIM from the S8 or did you activate the SIM that came with the iPhone X?

Based on your description, I am guessing the Verizon system still thinks you have the Visual Voicemail for the S8.  You will likely need to call customer srevice at 1-800-922-0204 or *611 from your phone and ask them to remove the Basic Visual Voicemail feature from your line and add the Visual Voicemail for iPhone to your line.  You will then need to setup your voicemail again.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Phyxd, it's great to hear you've got a new iPhone X! Let's make sure though the voicemail is working properly, so you don't miss out on any text messages. Ann154 did ask some good questions, are you using the same SIM card from your S8 in the iPhone? On your iPhone, what happens when you dial *86 to access your voicemail the old fashioned way?

We'll also want to make sure your software is up to date. On your phone, please go to Settings, General, Software Update and make sure your phone is up to date.

JohnT_VZW

If my response answered your question, please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
techlogik

Have this same issue with an XS Max.  The model is an A2104, which technically is a Chinese market phone, but it really is supposed to be exactly the same as a US Unlocked/Global.  Specs are identical.

Anyway, had a Oneplus phone, visual voicemail worked fine.  Switched to an iPhone, after setup, no visual voicemail.  Called Verizon, they removed/added VM basic etc...nothing works still the "Call Voicemail" button only shows.

They claim there is no "iPhone voicemail" option and feature. It is simply Basic voicemail or the enhanced.  Basic should show/work on any iPhone, it does fine on the newer iPhone 11s that are just unlocked from Apple versions with family members.

Nobody at Verizon has answers and they say there is nothing else to do and Contact Apple.

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus
Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.
0 Likes