iPhone X Pre-order issue
robert5577

This morning I was prepared to pre-order an iPhone X. I verified my line was more than 50% paid, I have had the phone for more than 12 months, everything seemed to be in line.

During the order process at 12:02am (PDT), the system would not allow an upgrade eligible line to preorder the iPhone X with another payment period. I tried multiple times from different machines and mobile devices to walk through the process. Each time, it would only allow me to purchase the phone outright, or add another line.

After about an hour of trying different things, I finally had an option for Chat without waiting too long. The rep indicated the phone was not available on a new payment plan with returning an early upgrade eligible device. "It was not fair to other customers". After I indicated the customer service I received was terrible, the Rep transferred me to the Residential queue that does not handle cellular phones. What the heck.

After another hour of stewing and watching the availability change from Nov 3 to Dec 1st, I finally talked with another online Rep that had to go through the purchase process for me. Two-and-a-half hours after first attempting to get an iPhone, I finally had one on order with a month delay (instead of next week).

What the heck Verizon? What is wrong with your QA processes? You absolutely failed to test the ability to upgrade a line with early upgrade eligibility. Even though your online documentation mentioned it was an approved process. How could you fail so horribly?

Hopefully, other people are not experience the ineptitude of your process (but something tells me they are).

Labels (1)
0 Likes