i cant text some of my contacts
PTBowling17

For whatever reason when i am in messages i cant text certain people, but if i go to contacts i find them and click message, i can initiate a text that way. but its super time consuming and frustrating. HELP! Happens with other iphone users and android users.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: i cant text some of my contacts
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

PTBowling17, being able to quickly text people is important these days. We are here to work toward a resolution. Let’s begin by gathering information. About when did this problem start? Does this seem to happen when texting Android or iPhone users or both? When you say you can’t text certain people from messages, do you get an error message?

DavidC_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
PTBowling17

it has been an ongoing problem. All of my contacts are accessible through the CONTACTS app on the iphone BUT when i go into IMESSAGE and type a name only their EMAIL shows up but not their PHONE NUMBER to text. NO error message.  So basically i have to take several extra steps. But this is only for SOME OF MY contacts, not all. I have ALL the groups checked off also.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

PTBowlilng17, do you see this happening only with your Android contact or with iPhone contact as well? Is your device on the latest Software Update?

StephanieS_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes