Re: XS Max poor LTE
love1god1

I too have very bad reception issues on Verizon on an XS mainly happens in congested places (like a parking lot with bunch of cars)  and I assume it has to do with Apple using Intel modems because i never had this on my S8

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

love1god1, I assure you that providing you with optimal service is our number one goal. We never want you to experience anything less. What city and state are you in? When did you start experiencing this issue? Does it happen in a particular location or no matter where you go?

DiaS_VZW

0 Likes
cottonbaler2796
Enthusiast - Level 2

I too have issues with my XS max that I never had with my 8S Plus. Inside/outside, apps won't load. Doesn't matter the issue it just doesn't work as well as my 8S Plus. No issues with calls or texts...just using data to access apps is the issue. Westfield MA 01085 but issues anywhere I have used this phone. I travel to Montreal and issues there too. I've tried all the fixes that you have provided and nothing has worked. Very unhappy. 

TonyM4049

Agreed.  Some XS's simply perform very poorly on Verizon.  I had a 6S which worked perfectly at my home (90405) and my XS barely works.  I've tried everything.   Next week I'm most likely switching to a Pixel that uses a different chipset.   Maybe not all XS's have the issue on Verizon, but it's common if you do a bit of googling.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I am sorry for any unhappiness the issues you are having with using your iPhone XS Max device, Cottonbaler2796. It is important to have access to your service wherever you travel about and let me see what's going on with your service issues. I am not showing any reports of service alerts in that area. What are the zip codes of the route you travel to Montreal? What exact fixes have you tried? Please share details so we do not leave any steps out that can help with a resolution.

EdwinW_VZW

0 Likes
cottonbaler2796
Enthusiast - Level 2

It's every single zip code. No matter where I go. Spent a week in Texas and had the same issue. I have tried all the fixes that are posted online on the Verizon wireless website as well as other sites I have gone too. Airplane mode on and off, SIM card removal, etc. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

cottonbaler2796

Yikes, that is not good to hear, however, that is helpful. When did this issue start? What plan are you on (if unlimited which version)? Does this phone have any damage (physical or liquid)? Are your phone and all of the apps installed up to date on their software?

EdwardL_VZW

0 Likes
cottonbaler2796
Enthusiast - Level 2

The issue started as soon as I received the phone. My son, who has my 8S Plus has better connection than I do when we are sitting next to each other. No damage at all (liquid or physical) not even a scratch. All apps are up to date. I have the unlimited share plan with 3 other phone lines. 

0 Likes
Alberto5501

Has this been resolved?

My Xs Max is doing the same thing... poor coverage and no data access at all on completely random areas. It works again after turning phone off an on. Verizon has sent me 3 devices by now. Exact same issue.

Done a 100 factory/network resets, iTunes restore, changed SIM, replaced device 3 times and changed my data plan multiple times.

The funiest thing is that my fiancés Xr and my Apple Watch, on Verizon, works fine. Literally I have lost signal/data right next to him and his Xr works fine. And this does not happen in the same locaitons either, so it's definitively not a network issue.

I don't what else to do. Verizon has been of no help. Just the generic messages and information. This has been going on for 6 months now!

I am beyond frustraded

0 Likes
ednajera1983

I am having the same issue - this is horrible i'm in the process of resetting my phone now. this is a dang joke.

0 Likes