XS Max poor LTE
dlappen
Enthusiast - Level 1

Have a new iPhone XS Max and I am getting really poor LTE service now. Few bars, no bars, slow speed. Really bad. Any suggestions?

Labels (1)
Re: XS Max poor LTE
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It is never good to hear that you are getting poor service on your iPhone XS Max, dlappen. What phone did you have before this? Any issues with it? What is the nearest intersection and zip code where you are having the issue?

DerekR_VZW

0 Likes
lesebre1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hey verizon,

The funny thing is, I too have the same issue with my xsMax after switching from a 8+. Before upgrading I consistently had 4 bars of LTE signal strength. I bring home my Max and immediately notice 1 to 2 bars at all times... It never changes!!

I have reset carrier settings, turned off and back on airplane mode, hard rebooted.... Everything that has been suggested on countless user forums... No change.

I do get a significant bump in signal strength when I'm not in my house, however with all previous phones I always had strong 4 bar coverage in my house.

Just wondering what the issue is with the network?

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand the concern to have the best service, and device. Not all devices are made the same, and this could be related to the iPhone you have. We can help you troubleshoot to figure out what is going on in this location. Are multiple devices affected the same? Can we please have your ZIP Code? Are all services, calls, text messages, and data affected?

JavierMD_VZW

0 Likes
Jadams920
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same here. My wife has an XR and I have an XS. We got both of these at the same time. She had an iphone8 and I had an S8 that worked perfectly before. I ts been months and trying to trouble shoot but no ilimprovements. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Jadams920, having poor LTE service can be frustrating, especially since you need it to accomplish daily activities, we want to aid you in the best way possible. What exactly happens when you try to use the service? Any recent changes?

GilbertoL_VZW

0 Likes
Jadams920
Enthusiast - Level 2

Very slow to upload screens on data and poor connection on phone calls. I brought my wife over from ATT to consolidate bills but now she is angry that her cell service and data is way worse on Verizon. I’m unhappy since I upgraded from a Samsung to iPhone and have worse service. I have followed the steps of turning off/on the LTE service and resetting the phone but it’s still awful. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We're disappointed to learn you and your wife have been experiencing these issues with your service, Jadams920. We want to ensure you can enjoy your service and get this turned around. Please tell us more about where you are located when you experience these issues? What happens when making calls? Do you experience any issues with text? Does this happen indoors and outdoors?

DanielleR_VZW

0 Likes
Jadams920
Enthusiast - Level 2

Indoors and outdoors. Both phones don’t have the service we did on our old phones. Right now in my home I have 1 bar. Unacceptable. My home use to never have anything below 3 bars. Ever since moving to these new iPhones the “LTE” is trash. Text I’m not sure about. 

Jadams920
Enthusiast - Level 2

I’m located In Jacksonville Fl 32204. 

0 Likes