Re: XS Max dropped calls after answering (2-3 seconds)
DJ_Space

Same issues i have been having for about 2 months here in michigan, tried reseting network and that did nothing.

0 Likes
Scburf

I have the same problem.  I’ve replaced the phone and SIM card. Done all the trouble shooting fixes. There are forums all over the internet about this problem. Why y’all can’t figute out a fix or stop selling the phone I’ll never know. 

0 Likes
donnap0wers

Just one more frustrated iPhone XS user. My daughter's phone drops after 2-3 seconds every time. Nothing discussed in the thread helps, rebooting the phone sometimes works temporarily.

Location doesn't seem to matter. We're in Petoskey, Michigan, but it drops calls regardless of where she is in Northern Michigan. I haven't seen anyone with a solution, not just here, but anywhere. I'm open to suggestions. She's been calling us with Facetime Audio, but that only works while calling other iPhone users, plus, it uses data.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

donnap0wers, As I father, I understand that this is not an acceptable situation for your daughter's calls. Let's get this fixed. How long has she been having dropped calls? What is her experience with texts and data (with Wi-Fi off)? Does she notice a difference outside versus inside?

JoelR_VZW

0 Likes
Lunasash
Enthusiast - Level 2

We are having this issue on a Galaxy S9 and a Galaxy S9+ in our area (Apple Valley, CA).  It has happended off and on for several days now.  

0 Likes
donnap0wers

She's had the phone for under a week. She doesn't make many calls, but the drops have occurred since the beginning. She's been able to use texts and data with and without wifi (like I mentioned, she calls us with facetime audio using LTE data). There is no difference inside or outside, nor based on location/tower proximity.

0 Likes
donnap0wers

If it matters, this phone (a graduation present) replaced an iPhone SE. We activated it online after purchasing it unlocked from Apple, and moved the SIM from the old phone to the new phone.

0 Likes
GaryBBaileySr

I have been having the same issues for some time now. About every 2-3 days it will start dropping the calls and when I turn the phone off completely and turn it back on, it won't happen for another 2-3 days. I went to apple and had them send me a new phone, because I have the applecare, but still had to pay the $99 for the service and guess what, it is still doing the same thing. So it is either an issue with the phone hardware of the software, but we need to get it fixed. Nothing is more frustrating than to be on the phone with a client and have it drop them a couple times, then you have to turn off the stupid phone and restart before you can call them back. I am a Real Estate Broker and my clients don't like to wait for sure. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

donnap0wers, I'm sorry to hear that she had problems with her new phone since she got it. We'll work hard to get these dropped calls solved.

1. What is your daughter's calling experience with Wi-Fi Calling for indoor calls? Here is how to tell if she's using Wi-Fi Calling. http://spr.ly/6602ElJhO 

2. Does she have HD Calling enabled? Check with these steps. http://spr.ly/6607ElJhT If it's off, please turn it on and check. If it's on, please turn it off and check.

Let us know what happens.

JoelR_VZW

0 Likes
sunnydayfun

I hate my Max!! I have had the same problem! I want to go back and use my old phone. My phone will even have all the bars and will say I have no connection.

0 Likes