XS Max Dropping Calls
casperv
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have had the XS Max about 3 months and about a month ago it started dropping calls.  No trend to when it dropps calls.  Have made many a phone call to Verizon for this issue and they finally sent a replacement XS Max and in less than 5 days it dropped 5 calls in a row and then the next day 2 calls in a row.  I have since gone back to my 8 plus to see if it drops calls (which it never did).

would like to know if anyone else experience this problem with the XS Max.

Labels (1)
Re: XS Max Dropping Calls
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Help is here for you casperv. We want your calls to stay connected! I apologize for the drops you experienced. Does the device have a case on it? If you do, what model? Have you tested the device without it? Some brands can cover the devices antennae. The next question would be if it was a dropped call or just low/no signal. A drop call is when the network terminates your call without the user ending it. Does it show call lost or any other messages on the screen? Please share these details with us in your response.  BobbyN_VZW

0 Likes
casperv
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes it has a case and it is the sane type of otterbox that i used on my other phones!

and they are definitely dropped calls!!!!!!  And many of them!!!

casperv
Enthusiast - Level 2

Believe me we have.  I cannot tell you the number of times I have contacted Tech Support and they have completed items and I have even been esclated to Tier II tech support!  

I am truly not a happy Verizon customer right now because I can't even use the phone because of the fear of it dropping calls in an emergency situation!!!!!

Something has to be done about this issue.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

casperv,

Being in an emergency and dropping a call is not what we want for you. I wouldn't want to experience this either, and I can understand why you're so concerned, especially if you've gone through my peers in Tech Support. So, let's get to the bottom of this together. You mentioned the device has a case on it, and you've used it before on previous phones. What happens when you don't have the case on the phone and place calls that way? What differences do you experience? You also stated you were certain they were dropped calls, so what prompt do you see on the device when this happens?

RyanC_VZW

0 Likes
vzXsDROPSCALLS
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon:

THIS IS NOT A LOCALIZED ISSUE

Every person reporting this issue has experienced it in multiple locations. I live in Los Angeles, and it happens everywhere. I am currently in New York (in an area where I have full reception bars) and it just happened to me again, which is what prompted me to join this forum and write this post.

Your constant responses asking for zip codes and cross streets are either a diversionary tactic or completely misguided. 

You are clearly experiencing a software issue with iPhone XR and XS owners. The issue is specific to these models and it is occurring all over the country. 

Please stop wasting time and escalate this issue internally to the appropriate software teams so that they can properly run device-level diagnostics to identify the software issue and create a PERMANENT SOLUTION (not "toggling Airplane mode on and off" or "hard resetting the device").

Enough of this useless back and forth. If you wish this forum to be a legitimately meaningful and effective venue to identify solutions, then make it so. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

vzXsDROPSCALLS, 

Your experience with your phone and our network matters to us. We do understand your frustration with the dropped calls and appreciate your feedback. In our checks, we were unable to locate any known issues when it comes to dropped calls on either the iPhone XS or XR that have been confirmed by Apple or our in-house technicians.

Our goal is to ensure that any software related issues are brought to the attention of Apple for correction. However, for us to be sure that we're collecting the information needed, troubleshooting must be completed.

On your phone, please temporarily disable HD Voice using the steps shown on this link https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-206984/. Once completed, make a few test calls to see if you still experience dropped calls with the setting turned off. If the dropped calls persist, please reset the network settings on your phone with the steps shown here https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-207110/ and test making calls again. This step will remove any stored Bluetooth and Wi-Fi information so they will need to be set back up later on. Please provide us with the results of both tests.

ShawnteJ_VZW

0 Likes
cathy4630

I have the same problem. It is persistent! The Verizon Store wanted to swap my new iphone out for a "certified" USED iphone Xs max. Don't you think it is an insane offer? I paid $1300 for this phone last December, now five month later, I got an used one?! And there is no guarantee to fix the problem. This is not just an insane offer, but a CRIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What I want is simple:

(1) Fix the problem permantly

(2) Give me a new phone you cannot fix the phone I have

I pay to make the call, not dropping the calls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Likes