Will $650 trade in credit transfer to new device?
N_Telford

Hello! Last year I traded in my iPhone 6 64GB for the iPhone 7 32GB during the pre-order offer that paid off the 24 month installments on the 7 by tacking a credit each month onto the bill. I’m now interested in purchasing the iPhone X when it is available for pre-order and would like to know if the credits from my 7 would be transferred over to the X if I decide to get it. If not, would I be able to use the remaining credits to buy out the rest of the installments on the 7 and trade it in for credit? Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Will $650 trade in credit transfer to new device?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

No. You have to pay the remaining balance of the device payment agreement in order to enter into a device payment agreement. This is the balance before the bill credits are applied. You also forfeit any credits that you haven't received yet. You could potentially trade in the iPhone 7 for a new set of bill credits if there is such a promotion with the iPhone X.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

Re: Will $650 trade in credit transfer to new device?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

No. You have to pay the remaining balance of the device payment agreement in order to enter into a device payment agreement. This is the balance before the bill credits are applied. You also forfeit any credits that you haven't received yet. You could potentially trade in the iPhone 7 for a new set of bill credits if there is such a promotion with the iPhone X.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.