Why couldn't I pre-order the iPhone X online and send to a shipping address not on the account?
annk5

So I'm not sure if anyone else had this experience getting the iPhone X. It was bad--I am really disappointed in Verizon. Have been a customer for over 10 years and am not pleased.

I have never pre-ordered a phone. But when I decided to pre-order, I did my research. I was up at 2:40 am refreshing my computer. As part of my research, I called Verizon twice to check out the process.

On 10/25 I only called to ask if I could pre-order the iPhone X and ship it to another address. The friendly lady I spoke to said, "Sure," and explained she had done just that for her son previously.

And then I got to Verizon check out at 2:57 am--there was no option to change the shipping address. I figured, I would try with Apple. Got a reservation number as Verizon's system was busy and went through checkout tonight. Nope, still no option to change the address with Apple, as the phone is connected to the Verizon account.

So I called Verizon this evening. Kudos to whoever calmed me down for politeness, but no luck on getting a phone before December. They explained you could change the address online. I stated I could not. They tried to place the order through the website on my account and had the same issue. They apologized, placed the order over the phone with a December delivery and put a $30 credit on the account.

Am I happy--no. I wanted my phone on Nov. 3rd. Am I surprised--actually yes. I generally have not had bad experiences with Verizon. But I feel like Verizon did not train its employees well enough or I was lied to. I'm toward believing it a training issue that cost me a timely phone, sleep and time.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why couldn't I pre-order the iPhone X online and send to a shipping address not on the account?
Loquat
Master - Level 1

Sorry you had to deal with that.  The Verizon employee you spoke with prior to pre-order date was not informed.  Verizon usually don't allow for devices to be shipped to an address other than the billing address for fraud purposes.  They should have informed you that you would have to call in to have that changed.  To the best of my knowledge, it has never been possible to change a shipping address of a device that wasn't that of the billing address.  Fingers crossed that you get your phone sooner than the anticipated ship date.  Best of luck to you.

0 Likes
Re: Why couldn't I pre-order the iPhone X online and send to a shipping address not on the account?
lando13
Enthusiast - Level 3

annk5​ Yeah that sucks. I didn't realize until after I ordered it didn't give me an option to put in a shipping address. Smiley Sad

Luckily after contacting support MULTIPLE times they were able to change the shipping address.

Too bad they aren't able to move up your order Smiley Sad

0 Likes
corytrae
Enthusiast - Level 3

oh my gosh I wish I knew who you talked to because Ive talked to several reps and they all tell me I cant change the address on a preorder!! ugh! Someone please help

annk5

I guess my frustration stems from the fact that 3 employees (100% of who I have talked to) now have told me I should be able to order online and change the shipping address. Been a customer for over a decade and asked to receive a call from a manager on the issue. This was Friday. Promised to receive a call back Saturday or Monday. No call back.

Leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Glad they were able to change the shipping address for some people. I didn't want to take the chance.

0 Likes
nswdllc
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had the same issue. Was there ordering at midnight shown a delivery date as Nov 3, get to the address and can’t change it so I call.

They could change the the address on their end but 45 min on hold out me on the Dec 1 delivery date.

I guess waiting a month is better than the lunitic Ex getting it and taking a hammer to it or holding it hostage.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

annk5,

We value your time and never want you feeling this way. At the same time, we can relate to how important it is that your concerns are addressed, and your device shipped to the correct address. Let's talk. What was the call back about? What options were you offered?

KatiM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
corytrae
Enthusiast - Level 3

thanks for leaving me out...... been a customer for over a decade and get ignored on the phone and online!!!

0 Likes
annk5

Hi KatiM,

On my 10/27 call, I ordered a iPhone X--they waved the $30 upgrade fee, or rather put a $30 credit on the account. I asked to have have a call back on if it was possible for the phone to ship sooner, given that Verizon's website would not let me change the address online. A couple of days ago when no one followed up I called in again to ask again--associate said it was not possible to change the date the phone would ship and that the system did not let me place an order to another address because of fraud prevention. So I was  not really offered any options except wait for December. The associate on the phone this time was polite, even if they didn't offer to make it right.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

annk5,

We appreciate the additional information and we definitely want to clear up any cofusion. Allow us to clarify. Once a Preorder is complete the shipping address cannot be changed without canceling the order. By canceling the order you would forfeit your place in the queue. We apologize for any inconvenience but we are unable to modify the ship date.

AdamG_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

0 Likes