Why can't I preorder on Verizon Prepaid. I want to pay full price.
mannydel99
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've been trying since 3:05 and the apple website does not recognize my phone info? I'm so upset. I stayed up and cannot order the phone at FULL PRICE. What's the deal????

Labels (1)
Re: Why can't I preorder on Verizon Prepaid. I want to pay full price.
justina259
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same here. So angry right now. It's maddening.

dp77777

I have the same problem, i successfully created a reservation, but when i try to check out it wont let me... it's crazy that only people who have post-paid active accounts with one of the big 4 are able to pre-order... i use prepaid because its significantly cheaper and more flexible when i travel for work

0 Likes
HiRez
Enthusiast - Level 2

It's not only pre-paid that have this problem. I'm on a post-paid plan and while I can't say the cause is the same as yours, the symptoms and result are. I cannot order an iPhone X through Apple. I have the reservation # but I can't complete because it keeps saying "We're sorry. We can't find your account information with Verizon. Please verify your information and try again." even though I am 100% sure all of the information I'm entering is correct. I've gone into Verizon MyWireless and confirmed everything with my account is good. Paid up. Correct billing address. Phone is eligible for upgrade. But I can not get it to work. I tried about 100 times and it won't work.

Note it doesn't tell you what is wrong exactly, only that it "can't find your account" which could be a problem at a number of places. Is Verizon unable to find it? Are they transmitting the wrong information (like that my phone is not eligible for an upgrade) or the wrong error message to Apple? Is the account somehow locked or flagged? Is the system simply overloaded? Is Apple not pinging the right server? Who knows.

And I can't get anyone on the phone or chat at Verizon to look into it.

Maddening is right.

dp77777

so disappointing to hear, i literally just switched to post paid, even though it's way more expensive and less data - just to fulfill my iphone X reservation... this really is ridiculous for those of us who are willing to buy the new iphone outright. Apple really upset me on this... they are so horrible... and the carrier coordination or dealings for the iphone X preorder is outrageous. There are no words to say how disappointed i am with the entire process of trying to pre-order.

0 Likes
Mei_Mei
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just spoke with a representative from Apple.  You cannot pre-order an iPhone X at all if you have a prepaid account from any carrier.  He said it would be a few weeks before prepaid customers can purchase the iPhone X.  It doesn't make a lot of sense.  He also said that the full-priced phones were unlocked.  It seems like they are just punishing the customers who choose to use prepaid service.

Bmoore1994
Contributor - Level 2

I had to call verizon to pay

0 Likes
bjwade62

Another user said prepaid customers were being punished. Punish is the correct word. Verizon is not letting prepaid customers to preorder an iPhone X. I spoke with Verizon and they just keep telling me that it's their policy. They refuse to say WHY???

If anyone from Verizon monitors these discussions... We YOUR customers would like, no we DESERVE an explanation. Saying it's you policy does not answer the question of WHY!

0 Likes
bjwade62

You fell right into it buddy. They love people like you that are willing to be switch to post paid and billed more each month. Problems with self-control?

0 Likes