Re: Weak iPhone X reception.
ScottOinNY

Having same issues — home, work, any airport, anytime traveling. Verizon support is completely useless, they will keep you running in circles forever and do nothing. I’ve given them my zip, locations, etc and they do NOTHING. They are USELESS. Do yourself a favor and switch to AT&T. You are paying too much money to deal with this never ending garbage.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ScottOinNY,

We definitely don't want you to change carriers is a pursuit of signal improvement, as there is so much uncertainty with going to a completely new service. I want to pull out all stops to see that this is addressed. You mentioned several steps you've completed regarding looking into the local area. What has been attempted to try to diagnose any issues that could be coming from the device? Have you attempted replacing the SIM or device?

ColinH_VZW

0 Likes
JHowellNY
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having reception issues with my iPhone X as well. But my issues are with the data side. If I am outside a building in the middle of the city, my internet works great. If I go into a building it is very spotty if not totally unusable and the whole time it will show 2 or 3 bars of service. I wonder if AT&T has the same issues?  I’ve been with Verizon for over 13 years. 😕

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate that you have reached out to us JHowellNY, and we never want to hear that you are having issues with your data. We only want to provide a great wireless experience for you. We treasure your loyalty, and we would never want you to leave our family. We cannot guarantee service indoors, that being said, we want to do everything we can to help. Do you know other Verizon users with this same issue in this area? Does this always happen indoors for you or only certain buildings? 

RosanneM_VZW

0 Likes
Peacefrogs231

I'm having the same but it just seemed to start 5 months after I got the phone. I can no longer connect to my hot spot at my house where I had no issue before.  I'm losing phone calls couple times a day even while driving. Verizon had me do a network reset and now it seems even worse. 

0 Likes
JHowellNY
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have asked others that I have been right next to me and have Verizon as a carrier and they aren’t having the same connectivity issues that I am having. It happened again to me today. I was in a local Home Depot.  I had 3 bars of service, but my data connection would not work. I tried to go into Airplane Mode and back out, thinking that might reset the connection, but it didn’t do anything. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We certaintly want to make sure you device is performing as intended. Have you had any issues with your data, phone calls, and/or text messages? TaylorH_VZW

0 Likes
Fugazzi

I have the same problem. My phone signal and data are terrIble. Sometimes I have 1 or 2 bars other times I have 4 bars but the data does not work. I was in the Jacksonville airport and I couldn't even pull up my boarding pass. Luckily I also have a T-Mobile phone and it pulled up the boarding pass immediately. To be clear, I travel a lot, and this is happening in several states and cities. The only places it works perfectly so far are DC and NY. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

What other locations have you had this issue with? TaylorH_VZW

0 Likes
JHowellNY
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have had issues with all of the above. Most of the time it is my data and text messages. I will try to get online in a building.  My phone is showing 2-3 bars and I can’t do anything. Web pages will not load. If I am texting pictures to someone it takes 3-5 minutes to send one picture or it won’t send at all, it shows it as not sent. I leave the building and all of the sudden I get like 8 text messages... basically all of the messages that I was supposed to get while I was in the building. All of this happens when I am right in downtown Binghamton. Everyone else with other carriers all work. They are sending pictures to each other and I’m sitting there with my phone on the table watching it trying to re-send the same picture 3 times. Then I give up.