Re: Weak iPhone X reception.
THOMASss
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for the well wishes.

Just for the record. I tried two Xs and had the same problem with each.

I switched back to my old 5 while I wait for the Pixel. It’s seems to be working fine.

If the Pixel gives me hard time I’m going to skip upgrading and stick with the 5 which has been a great phone.

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

If one Googles the iPhone X, others appear to have signal strength problems.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

THOMASss

Thank you for those additional details. We do show that our towers in your area seem to be working as expected with no alarms. Although the tower is functioning properly, that doesn't mean that issues don't exist. Your ability to receive optimal signal will be based on your distance from the cell site, if the site has a clear line of site to your location that would allow the Radio Frequency (RF) signal to penetrate into your area, terrain and tree foliage (heavier foliage does obstruct RF signal), new construction in the area among other environmental factors. Were you able to test out the WiFi calling feature on your phone? Did you proceed with replacing the phone with a Pixel and if so do the issues continue? Besides the call quality, how are the rest of your services in these locations data/text?

EdwardL_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Brandyls76
Enthusiast - Level 2

My iPhone X just drops my calls for no reason. I hate the iPhone X.

0 Likes
GREASEMONKEY529

I have the same problems with my x. Apple just sent me a new phone. It’s better but still not fixed. Crazy a phone thats $1200 can’t make phone calls. I also have WiFi problems with my fios router at home. It’s all very irritating

0 Likes
Faye75

Same problem here!!  My old iPhone4s had NO problem with reception here or anywhere!  Others in household use Sprint with no reception problem.  I have the WiFi turned on, etc. My 14 days are up this week....this chat has convinced me to do SOMETHING about this issue.  I'm having to use my landline all the time while living here!!  My grown children talked me into upgrading because I was having couple minor issues with old 4s.....

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Faye75,

We definitely want you to have the best device to fit your needs and I
apologize for the inconvenience, let's look into this. What is your current zip
code? How's service when you are not at home? Please clarify, are you
experiencing voice and/or data issues? 

AyaniB_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button
under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation.
Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
mrawlings
Enthusiast - Level 2

Have had the same issue

Verified sim and esn imei location  zip and had them reprovision network. Mildly improved but ready to switch carriers for sure!  

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We never want to see you go. We understand your concern and want to fix this for you. Is this happening everywhere you go? Have you tried a new SIM card? Are other Verizon devices around you have the same issues?

JavierMD_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
RICROS77

I have the same problem and I got a new iPhone X replacement from Apple, a new SIM card for Verizon, everything.. nothing works. There seems to be some sort of incompatibility issue with Verizon and the iPhone X, or Apple is going to come out in five months and say that they messed up the antennas and offer free repairs......

0 Likes