Voicemail not working on iPhone X
RICBAL59

I recently upgraded to the iPhone X.  The upgrade was smooth with one exception.  The voicemail is not working correctly.  I do not get any badge alert on the voicemail when I have a new voicemail.  Instead, I get a garbled text from Verizon with no real content.  The visual voicemail doesn't appear anywhere on the device.  When I go to the voicemail icon I don't get the option to set up voicemail, just a button that says call voicemail.  I have searched the settings and can't find any place to set up the voicemail, nor have I had any luck with the forums or information on Verizon's website.  I have reset network settings and restarted my phone.  What else can I try?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Voicemail not working on iPhone X
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I understand the importance of having access to and receiving notifications regarding voicemails. Let's take a closer look. For us to fully assist, respond to the private message. 

Corey_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
frustrated_verizon_us

So is anyone going to reply to this?  Voicemail with Verizon XR doesn't work.  I just get some idiotic and cryptic text message, but no push notification on my vmail.  I don't want to have a discussion on Twitter.  I want to have it here.  Does anyone have an answer for this?

0 Likes
frustrated_verizon_us

Corey, going to Twitter helps no one but you.  If you don't have an answer, be upfront and say so.  Otherwise, post it here where the Verizon community is.

0 Likes
MSGH

I'm having the same issue, except I get no notificiation - no garbled text or anything. I just have to check my voicemail blindly a few times a day to see if there are any messages. 

I have checked the settings and i have "notifications" on and allowed.  I've reset network settings, etc. I don't know what else I can do.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want your Voicemail to work correctly, MSGH. You mentioned that you do not get notifications or anything. Is your Visual Voicemail (https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-202695/) correctly set up as per this link (https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201436)?

AntonioC_VZW

0 Likes