Voicemail not working iPhone Xs
MikeSanda
Enthusiast - Level 2

My voicemail is not working. The notification comes after a week. I have to dial and check if there are any messages.

I have tried and reset my network settings but the same. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Voicemail not working iPhone Xs
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Based on the text message you are receiving whenever someone leaves you a voicemail,I would guess your line is provisioned for the Verizon Visual Voicemail application and not the Apple voicemail system. I would suggest that you sign into your MyVerizon account online and go through your products and subscriptions to verify if you can change which voicemail system is assigned to your line. If you can't change it yourself, then you will need to call customer service at 1-800-922-0204 from a landline or *611 from another phone and ask them to change it for you. You might also be able to get a rep to change through the chat option. 

As for how this happened, did you swap your SIM card from a non-apple phone recently? My guess is the line wasn't re-provisioned when you activated the iPhone Xs. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MikeSanda, your wireless experts are here to assist. We don't want you to miss anymore voicemails so let's jump right into some troubleshooting to find out what is going on. You've done some great steps thus far so let's keep going.  First, let's check to see if you have the latest iOS software on your device: Settings >General>Software Update. In addition to the software update, we want to see if there is a carrier update available. Settings > General > About >Carrier and press on that section to see if there is an update.

Additionally, Toggling On Airplane Mode, wait 20-30 seconds and toggle off could also serve as a reset too. Can you try these steps and keep us posted. 

TakendraW_VZW

0 Likes
MikeSanda
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi,

I have latest iOS update installed (13.4.1). Carrier version is 41.0.1

I have tried Airplane Mode too but it is the same, no voice mail comes.

There is only SMS comes right after someone calls with the text: VZWVVM:SYNC=NM;id=45 and etc.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for those details MikeSanda. We will work on fixing this issue so that you're able to receive your voicemails in a timely fashion. Do you have any messaging or voicemail apps downloaded to your phone? 

KinquanaH_VZW

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Based on the text message you are receiving whenever someone leaves you a voicemail,I would guess your line is provisioned for the Verizon Visual Voicemail application and not the Apple voicemail system. I would suggest that you sign into your MyVerizon account online and go through your products and subscriptions to verify if you can change which voicemail system is assigned to your line. If you can't change it yourself, then you will need to call customer service at 1-800-922-0204 from a landline or *611 from another phone and ask them to change it for you. You might also be able to get a rep to change through the chat option. 

As for how this happened, did you swap your SIM card from a non-apple phone recently? My guess is the line wasn't re-provisioned when you activated the iPhone Xs. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

MikeSanda
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you. I could not find Verizon Visual Voicemail app bu have installed Verizon spam filter app. As soon as I did that voicemail started working.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The Verizon Visual Voicemail application isn't compatible with the iPhone. The iPhone uses a voicemail system designed by Apple and the voicemail system itself is through the Apple servers. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Excellent! We are glad to see your Voicemail is now working, MikeSanda. Please let us know if you continue to experience this problem later on, we are always here to help you. Have a great day and stay safe!

AnnaG_VZW

0 Likes