Voicemail messages not timely downloading
steve64113

My iphone XS Max occasionally does not download my messages timely. The first it happened was in December and it has happened about once per month since.  Most of the time I get my messages promptly.  Last night was typical of what happens:  On Friday evening a friend left a message.  When I got prompt notification of that message, 3 other messages all appeared from this week, the oldest one was from the prior Monday.  It's hard to troubleshoot since it is so sporadic.  Anyone else experiencing this?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Voicemail messages not timely downloading
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We don't want you missing out on any critical voicemails, steve64113. It does seem very odd that this is happening very randomly. Once a voicemail is left, you should get the notification. Do you notice a pattern of this happening if you're connected to a Wi-Fi network? Have there been any changes to the device since this started happening (new software or apps)?

KevinR_VZW

0 Likes
SCOLUP73
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the same problem with an iPhone X, the most recent incident appears to be a call received while connected to Wi-Fi and not solely cellular. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I regret hearing that you're also having trouble with your voicemail messages, SCOLUP73. I know I rely on my voicemail messages when I am away from my device, or I receive a call from an unknown source, and I wouldn't want you to miss anything important. You mentioned that you noticed this when using Wi-Fi calling while not connected to cellular. Visual Voicemail does require a cellular data connection to work, and will not work over Wi-Fi only. What happens with your voicemail when you're connected to cellular data? When did this issue first start happening?

JosephE_VZW

0 Likes
Dw1136

New motog7 and same problem 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Dw1136,

We always want your voicemail to be working properly. May I have you explain what specifically has been occurring with your Moto G7? When did the issue begin? 

ChristineK_VZW

0 Likes
mikkidee
Enthusiast - Level 1

My G7 has the same problem, but so did my Moto Z play...always, forever, since I've owned the phones. Many calls to Verizon, no solution except Verizon offering to sell me some accessories. In otherwords, pay some more money to try to get what I already pay for, with no guarantee that it will work.

Tractorlady
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the same thing. How do I fix it? I turned the phone off and restarted it. But it still wont download. Then I turned off wifi  a nd it still wont download. I need my messages, they are from my dr

0 Likes
Tractorlady
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same exact phone and it doess the same thing

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes