Very much mad
BLLACKHAWK

Very mad .   I was going to stay up to do the pre order at 3:01 my time to get the X.  And my local Verizon store told me not too.   They said to come in at 10AM on pre order day and I’ll get one for sure on the 3rd..   I asked 2 times if they were sure.  So I go in today for my opponent at the store and they tell me,  sorry but it’s sold out and you will not get one tell Dec 1st now lol..   all my friends that stayed up and pre ordered there phone have a a Nov 3rd date.  I should have gone with my gut feeling but I figured Verizon would not lie to me lol. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Very much mad
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Verizon can't control Apple's stock. The rep that told you to come to the store wanted credit towards his/her monthly sales goals for the device you bought.

0 Likes
BLLACKHAWK

Very true.   I understand they dont control Apple supply.   But telling me that if I want a phone on nov 3rd then I need to come into the store at 10 on pre order day.   Said absolutely do not pre order at 3:01am.    3 of my friends pre ordered at 3:01 and it shows them getting the phone on the 3rd.

me on the other hand got lied to and now I wait tell December.

yeah I figured it was to get credit for the sale.  

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

Preface: I'm not a lawyer - but lawyers always will tell you to carefully read what you sign, and get everything in writing, right?

You have to assume the reps in the stores, and maybe even on the web might be told one thing, and other things transpire that make it appear they are telling you a falsehood later. I don't think anyone is out to purposefully mislead you.

Look at the mess with the Apple Watch Series 3... Registration problems and the VZW support reps and Apple support reps pointing fingers... It happens.

Next time, get stuff in writing. Like stock tips from a buddy, you never ever will.

0 Likes
alleged

same thing happened to me dude i just posted the same thing.

0 Likes
Witch_DaLaaNi

I also learned this lesson the hard way with the 7plus. Was told to come in and order the tele (I figured I had to since I was now joining the IUP) and ended up getting my tele a month late.  

Good news is that the iPhone X is released after my 50% has been paid off so therefore I was able to upgrade.  

Funny thing is, Verizon rewarded us well by opening about ten to fifteen minutes before anyone else on the planet went live so most of us were able to get our preorders in very early.  

In the future, if you stay up to preorder then preorder and ignore any who tells you otherwise.  

0 Likes
mixedguy0922

Although I was told the same thing I ordered at midnight in San Diego and will get it on the 3rd.  But if I were you I’d go to the Verizon store the morning of the 3rd and you should be able to get one and have them cancel your previous order.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

I wouldn't count on the Verizon stores having stock on this device. Apple stores are more likely to have it but if there is an order already in the system here is what can happen:

1.) Cancel the order (not so easy)

2.) Camp out at a store

3.) Device not in stock

4.) Place order again

5.) Wait even longer for the device that it would have been with the original order.