Verizon bad Customer service
jigvaja47

I moved to Verizon from AT&T as they have a promotional scheme where I can get iPhone XR free with a new line. First, I went to the Verizon store in Centerville, VA on 23rd of December to get the confirmation about the scheme and the guy over there to confirm to me that I will get all 3 phones but the scheme is online so I need to purchase it online. I went online and while buying 3 lines, I have decided to chat online. The salesperson on the chat also confirms that I will get all 3 iPhones for free with 3 lines. I have a transcript of the chat with me.

Now as per the scheme, I should get phones free for all 3 lines but it was not the case. Later on, when I saw my bills, I got a discount on only one phone line. When I talked with a representative, she told me that the scheme is only valid for the ported line(There was no mention of a ported line in the transcript). When I argue that I have a written chat transcript with your salesperson and she said we don't have any way to receive a transcript and since the scheme is only for ported number, We can't do anything even if a salesperson promises you something. I feel like cheated.

Later on, I have ported the second line and the discount was not showing on my account. So I called again and the representative on the phone started arguing with me and telling me that no such scheme ever exist. After lots of arguments, she was finally able to find the scheme and give me a discount on the second porting line. 

I have never witnessed such a bad service from any vendor anywhere in the world. I feel like Verizon is lying on your face with all their schemes. I am very disappointed with their service and all their representatives. 

Thanks,

Jignesh Vaja

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon bad Customer service
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jigvaja47,

It's vital to get a great deal on new phones, and I'm happy to hear you joined the Verizon family. I do find it sad that the promotion you were informed of did not work out the way it was intended to. For future reference, promotions for folks who switch will always involve porting the lines over to Verizon, and not setting it up under new numbers. Nevertheless, I want to make sure you're taken care of regarding your account needs. I have sent you a Private Note to move forward with this interaction. Please respond at your earliest convenience.

RyanC_VZW

0 Likes
jigvaja47

Thanks for your response. I am trying to reply to your message through email but it's not going through. You can reach out to me between 7 pm and 8:30 pm EST from Monday to Friday. My number is 703-286-9496. 

Thanks,
Jignesh

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for that information, jigvaja47. We will be calling your at during the time frame you want. Please delete this recent message, since you have posted your phone number publicly.

StevenG_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for taking my call. I'm glad we were able to get all device promotions applied to your account, and I'll be lifting up feedback on the experience you had. I will also be following up with you in late February on the promotion for porting in your service to us. Remember to also check out this link for our rewards program, Verizon Up:m.vzw.com/m/UpSocial
Thank you for joining the Verizon family. I hope you have a great day.

LynnE_VZW

0 Likes
jigvaja47

Hi Lynn, 

Thanks for your call 2 weeks ago and I thought all my issues are over now but to my utter surprise, I now have another issue with my February bill. As I have mentioned in my call that I have canceled the line 202.360.0305 since I have find out that iPhone XR is not free with line and return the phone and bought a new line 703.888.9943 with free iPhone 7. I thought the whole issue is resolved and I don't have to worry about my bill, but I find out that I have been charged a 50$ restocking fee. Now I fail to understand this charge. Since the whole issue was created by your sales team and I have to go through lots of hassle, I was not expecting this kind of charge applies to me.  I can't believe that I have to pay for restocking for the mistakes of your sales team. 

Please take all the necessary action and resolve this issue so that I don't have to pay 50$ extra. 

Thanks,

Jignesh

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you so much for the update jigvaja47. We ask that you please delete the previous message as we never want to compromise your account details. Hearing that you are still having some concerns about your bill has our attention however and we will look into this matter closer. Have you been able to click on the emails we have sent regarding out private messages?

CandiceH_VZW

0 Likes
jigvaja47

I am not sure how to delete the message but yes you can go ahead and delete my previous message. 

0 Likes