Upgraded phone, current device not working
aichja
Enthusiast - Level 2

On December 2nd, I purchased a new iPhone XR from Apple as part of their Cyber Monday promotion. I chose the Verizon option when checking out as an upgrade and also selected the Trade In option for my current device (iPhone 7 Plus). What was explained to me is that my current device would operate correctly until I receive the new device in the mail. That doesn't appear to be the case. 

I've attempted making calls throughout the day and I've experienced different issues. 

1 - I could hear the person on the call but they could not hear me

2 - The call would fail

3 - When calling Verizon, the automated system would be extremely choppy and then eventually would fail. 

I'm concerned that I do not have any service to make or receive calls right now until I receive my new device. 

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Upgraded phone, current device not working
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the helpful details, aichja. Let's continue to dig into this. There are no known issues being reported in your area. If you are experiencing the issue everywhere. This may be a device issue. Has there been any damage to the device? Does this happen on all calls? What signal is showing on the device when this happens? 

DanielleR_VZW

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

So sorry to hear about the issues with calling, aichja. We definitely want to ensure that we get to the bottom of this with you. What's the nearest cross streets and zip code of your current location? Do you know if anyone else with Verizon Wireless service nearby to you is having similar issues? Are you using a Bluetooth device on any of these calls? 

RyanM_VZW

0 Likes
aichja
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi Ryan,

Nearest cross street is Lasalle St. and the zip code is 61350 however, I've been having this issue regardless of where I've been. My wife experienced this same issue yesterday for a short period of time. I am not using a bluetooth device.

Thanks for your assistance. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the helpful details, aichja. Let's continue to dig into this. There are no known issues being reported in your area. If you are experiencing the issue everywhere. This may be a device issue. Has there been any damage to the device? Does this happen on all calls? What signal is showing on the device when this happens? 

DanielleR_VZW

0 Likes
aichja
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello,

After receiving my new device it appears my issues were resolved. I've since returned my old device as a trade-in. Thank you for your assistance. 

0 Likes
LIG1sunny

This is an ONGOING ISSUE!!!! After being on phone with your "support" --my phone didn't work...ring? drop calls? can't hear other person? Doesn't send texts to certain people. Not only my iPhone but 2 others I work with....WE HAVE SPENT COUNTLESS HOURS ON PHONE WITH THE "SUPPORT" VERIZON PPL...TO NO!!!!! OUTCOME. We were sent to APPLE...only to be told it's a "Verizon" problem. We have been members of Verizon for YEARS! one before you were even called Verizon and have been treat LESS than appropriate on any help line. Been hung up on for no other reason than they didn't want to help or just couldn't. We have expected more from Verizon and just want HONEST answers and SOMEONE who can HELP!!!!!! We are very disappointed and still have the same problems to NO AVAIL!!!! Where do we go NOW!!! AT A DEAD END APPARENTLY!!!!?????

0 Likes
kh-taylarie
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes