Upgrade Failure
SAHARA007

The other day I received a text from Verizon with an offer to save $250 when you upgrade to an iPhone XR, currently, I own a Samsung Galaxy S7 and was interested in the offer, I clicked the link and proceeded with the steps, yet when I tried to apply the promo code UPGXR it said that the promo code was invalid or expired which makes no sense as I received the text the same day. Very upset!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Upgrade Failure
jibberish9965

I just tried to use this as well, it looks like you have to pay for the phone monthly and receive the $250 off over 24 months instead of as a lump sum.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

i doubt very seriously that they'd give you $250 for your s7 but call cs, 1-800-922-0204.

0 Likes
dawnna121
Enthusiast - Level 1

If there are stiputaltions then they should state it. The offer came through my app on the phone and states: "Upgrade and get $250 off iPhone XR. Eligible on 64BG. Use promo code UPGXR." When you select it, it takes you to the XR 64GIG version but when you get to the end, it rejects your code. I was trying it with the payment option. Tried on the phone app and on the computer, same results. There is no where stated that you have to trade in your existing phone. 

rempson
Contributor - Level 1

A few months back, I had a similar offer - upgrade and get $300 off Iphone XR (no mention of qualified trade-in).  I tried it online and it did not reflect my discount.  I chatted online and was assured by Alex I could indeed get $300 off.  He said he could see the discount on his end.  I agreed to sale and the paperwork I was signing was again without the discount on my phone.  When I asked for proof of promised discount, Alex said to keep the chat transcript (which I did).

Of course, no discount and numerous attempts to resolve with Verizon.  I was being told I didn't qualify for discount, even though each and every rep could read my transcript of conversation with Alex.

Finally I filed a complaint with BBB on a Saturday morning and Monday morning a Verizon official contacted me.  He apologized for the mix-up and promised better training of their employees.  I now get my $12.50 a month discount.  

I would suggest the same, inquire through online chat and verify offer.  Let them put the purchase through and then you have an official record of what you agreed to and what Verizon stated as purchasing terms.

Good luck. 

0 Likes
Cnikola

Were you able to eventually see your discount of $250? Was it within 1-2 billing cycles like they promised.

0 Likes