Trouble adding new iPhone XR with e sim
ADJ27

Tried to activate a new unlocked iPhone XR, purchased from Apple store. Logged into My Verizon to add the phone and it said there was a connection error. Tried to create new esim account and it failed to process. Any ideas?  Every time I walk into Verizon store I’m stuck for 2 hours. Ticked off and frustrated. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Trouble adding new iPhone XR with e sim
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It concerns us to hear you are having issues activating an eSIM on your device, and you can rest assured we will do everything to help. We want to make sure we understand exactly what you're experiencing. We attached a link to our website where you will find the eSIM activation instructions. Could you please let us know under what step these errors occur? http://spr.ly/6606EFV2w DavidR_VZW

0 Likes
ADJ27

I’ve tried activating through the My Verizon app as a new line—hoping it would then be tranferred into my existing family share plan. It fails to activate and tells me to call the phone number that then tells me it’s after hours so use the automated system. I also tried the QR code and it says it’s expired. Sooooo I am angry. I do not have time for any of this and it’s already been hours wasted. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for this information, ADJ27. At what time do you normally call in?

PeterP_VZW

0 Likes
ADJ27

Tried to call in last night. Waiting for 7 am east coast to get a human. If I DM you the esim id and my phone #, can you activate to my account? I’m gonna ask for an activation fee credit too. I’m literally ready to port all four phones to ATT

0 Likes
ADJ27

Now I’ve been waiting an hour on hold on the phone. Literally spent 5 hours on this phone activation. Seriously what is wrong with this company. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ADJ27, we'd be sad to see you leave the Verizon Wireless family. I'm sorry for the amount of time it has taken to get the eSIM activated. I know this is a nice feature to have on your iPhone XR. I've sent you a Private Message to discuss further. We're looking forward to working with you.

KevinR_VZW

0 Likes
ThisXR
Enthusiast - Level 2

Return that XR while you still have a chance! Nothing but problems since I got mine!

0 Likes