Text when a blocked number texts me
Anooch84

I recently blocked a phone number through Verizon and every time the person texts me I receive a message from my own number saying “you were unable to receive a text message due to device restrictions or insufficient funds”. I have read on previous posts that it isn’t because of Verizon but when I block the number on my iPhone it doesn’t happen. It only happens when I block through Verizon. I have tried unblocking the number and redoing it and it still happens. How do we fix this issue? I don’t need a reminder every time  the person texts me. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Text when a blocked number texts me
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It is important that you are able to block numbers. Do you know if the person is sending you texts via SMS or iMessage?

PeterP_VZW

0 Likes
Anooch84

They also have an iPhone so it’s iMessages

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Anooch84,

I understand where you're coming from when you say that you don't need a message every time a blocked number messages you. I'm eager to assist you with this. Tell me, how exactly was the number blocked? Through Customer Service, on My Verizon, etc.? Here's a link on the different ways to block: http://spr.ly/66071SBOL

Please clarify, thanks. 

ChristinaB_VZW

0 Likes
Anooch84

It happens when I block the number through my Verizon app. The message reads “you were unable to receive a message due to device restrictions or insufficient funds”. I get this from my own number everytime the blocked number texts me.  

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Anooch84, thank you for sharing this helpful information. Can you please clarify if you still receive this alert if you were to block any other phone number through My Verizon? May we ask, why you are looking to block this phone number from My Verizon and not directly from your device?

SylviaT_VZW

0 Likes
Anooch84

I tested it another phone number and the same thing occurred. If I block the number just with my iPhone they can still leave voice mails. I tried to avoid having to deal with that but I unblocked on Verizon to avoid getting the constant texts.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate the clarification, Anooch840. A Private Note was sent to review your account and discuss more about this issue in private. 

VictorC_VZW

0 Likes