Someone else is receiving my calls.
misslolovu
Enthusiast - Level 1

For two weeks now, sporadically someone else is receiving my calls.  I have contacted customer service multiple times for hours and they still can't seem to fix the issue.

Sometimes the call goes directly to the him (I have no record of the missed call).  Sometimes it rings once or twice to me then stops, and then goes to him.  Sometimes people get his voicemail directly (not mine).  

I don't know this person, I have never set up call forwarding (they have removed the option from my account entirely), they have investigated my line for fraud (negative) but it is still happening.

Labels (1)
Re: Someone else is receiving my calls.
CH1138
Enthusiast - Level 1

My husband has had this problem for a while and Verizon cannot seem to get it fixed. Sadly the person on the other end of this doesn’t even speak English!

One website indicates some type of forwarding may have gotten set up. To disable, dial *73 on your phone, and press <SEND>.  If that doesn't work, then try dialing *920 and pressing <SEND>

*73 did not work for him. *920 seems to have worked since I finally got his voicemail instead of a stranger - either that or the other person is ignoring my calls now! 

teeeacup

does this still happen to you? It's currently happening to me and im trying to get it figured out with a verizon agent right now.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This is a pretty serious issue with calls, teeeacup. Can you tell us more details about your type if issue compared to the issue above?

ZakC_VZW

0 Likes
duksgoquack
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is happening to me as well...any fixes yet?

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Calling concerns are not what we want for you. Let's get started. Provide us with specific details about your experience with calls.

CoreyM_VZW

0 Likes
SarahSophie
Enthusiast - Level 1

For approximately three weeks now, calls to my cell are being diverted to another number.  The lady on the other end is also a verizon customer and was kind enough to give me her number.  I've attempted to call Verizon several times - I just was on hold for more than ten minutes and no one ever picks up. 

I have a serious illness and my doctors cannot always reach me; my boss cannot always reach me; and for what I pay every month this is unacceptable.   I do not have call forwarding on;  I tried the fixes that someone mentioned and I'll see if that works; but really - Verizon, PLEASE do something about this.   

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SarahSophie, I am truly sorry to hear that this is happening especially at a time when you have medical needs. If Call Forwarding is not enabled, we will want to take a closer look. I have sent you a private message, please respond to the private message so we may assist. LorenB_VZW If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this! 

0 Likes
WichitaJohn

This same thing just started happening to me a few weeks ago. I have never set up call forwarding and the verizon rep had me attempt to cancel it. 

I just go disconnected from my 3rd call to customer support where I again explained the situation. Now for call 4 and am now getting frustrated. I was pretty patient up until now and fully understand things happen but come on.....

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are completely understand and want to make sure you are all set with your device and service. In order to review this more please respond to the private message provided to further assist. 

0 Likes