Re: Slow 4G LTE Speed
marissajalves22
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi,

I am having the same exact issue in 91210 zip, I get extremely slow service here especially at my work desk. Have went to the store and spoken to at least 5 reps that either tried to sell me a bigger data plan, (mind you we have not increased our data usage in over a year and a half so I don't see why this would be happening) or told me there isn't anything we can do about it. Its super frustrating as I am in Medical Case Management and work a lot through my personal phone through HIPPA compliant APPS that do not open because of the shotty service, and I really did not have this issue before other than when its started about 4 weeks ago 😞

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

marissajalves22, having a reliable connection is important to have at all times especially for your field of work, and we want to fix this. Thank you for providing your Zip code. I thoroughly reviewed the 91210 area and found no service issues or outages to report. Is the issue you’re experiencing happening indoors/outdoors or both? Are others experiencing the same issue? How are your calls and text messages working at this time?

KevinM_VZW

0 Likes
fraziera36

I have been experiencing the same issues. More so at work in downtown Boise, 83707. I have noticed that I only get full bars in certain locations in the Treasure Valley, 83713 & 83704. I have an iPhone 6s and have not had any problems until 2 weeks ago. Tried the network reset and that didn't do anything. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know the importance of maintaining reliable service when and where you need it! Are these concerns primarily happening indoors? What plan are you currently on? Are other users that you know of having similar issues in the same area?  

YaleK_VZW

0 Likes
Mako295
Enthusiast - Level 1

Has anyone had a satisfactory resolution of this problem? I feel like I’m back in the 90s yet with a brand new Xs phone and supposedly on the fastest network which is an out and out lie.  

Is this a phone issue or a network issue? What can be done?

kenkim4real
Enthusiast - Level 1

I moved from Tmobile to try and get better service- OMG, this is like torture. I think ill take the free $250 BYOD and leave.

The speeds are less than 1.5mbs out in the open and inside the service has no bars.  Why Verizon? 

You are no longer the king

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Mako295, we get the need for having a reliable 4G connection that you rely on. Considering you have a new iPhone Xs, we wouldn't say its the phone. We can certainly help troubleshoot the problem and identify the root cause with you.

Can you please provide the name of the exact plan you have with Verizon Wireless? Do you have an intersection and city of where you experience issues with slow data speeds?

You can also reference our helpful online Troubleshooting Assistant at the link attached and select "data connection is slow".  http://spr.ly/6605EFxLT

AlanS_VZW

0 Likes
bartlearman
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have  The exact same problem again! Verizon sent me a new iPhone XR And this one is even slower than the last! I miss my iPhone 6s bad

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

bartlearman,

I completely understand missing your old device, when the problems you've experienced seem to have arrived at the same time as the new phone. However, I want to assure you that the iPhone XR has much newer processing and network technology onboard and does not have a known performance issue, so any lackluster performance you might be noticing will have another root cause that we want to determine.

Can you provide your city and a nearby major cross street? Did you make a plan change around the time that you originally purchased the iPhone XR?

ColinH_VZW

0 Likes
bartlearman
Enthusiast - Level 2

I’m on my second XR.. The one they just sent is even slower? How can they even make one slower! Miss my 6s

0 Likes