Slow 4G LTE Speed
devpatel
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am getting really slow 4G LTE speed in my area especially in my house. I get about 0.1-0.3 Mbps even though I have 3 bar signal in the house. Do you know if this can be fixed? 

Labels (1)
Re: Slow 4G LTE Speed
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand looking for the best service and signal. What kind of phone do you have? Is this happening the same indoors as outdoors? We can look over your area to see if anything is going on. Can we please have your ZIP Code?

JavierD_VZW

0 Likes
devpatel
Enthusiast - Level 2

I currently have iPhone XS Max and this is more prominent inside but it sometimes happens outsides too. 

Zip code: 24060

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I am sure we will figure this out together Devpatel. I understand how slow speeds can be annoying. I don't see any reported outages. Is anyone else having this issue?What speeds do you get when your outside? When did this start happening? AmberF_VZW

devpatel
Enthusiast - Level 2

I talked with my friends who have Verizon and they are having the same problem too. I get speeds like 0.1-0.2 when I am inside my house Mbps and around 10 Mbps (with full bars) when outside. It start happening from day one we switch to Verizon like 2 days ago 

Jpere227
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes I am having similar issues with my iPhone Xs. My signal reception similarly shows 1-2 bars but my download speeds are consistently less than 1 mbps. This is particularly bad indoors however also happens outdoors occasionally 

zip: 33435

conk
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes I am having very slow lte myself. It started when I got an xr about a month ago. I came from a 6s and had no problems with it. It seems to happen anywhere, but is intermittent. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Please try to run a Network Settings Reset. Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. 

DillonY_VZW

0 Likes
daytonatrbo

In 24236 on my Xr I'm seeing speeds of around 20KB/s (yes, KB/s) with 3 bars of LTE.  Speeds have been slow here for a while, but they are much worse with my Xr than they were with my iphone 7.  We did change plans when I upgraded my phone, but I know I get much better speeds in other locations, even nearby towns.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@daytonatrbo

I can definitely understand your need for speed. I'm sorry if you're experiencing slower than expected data speeds in your area. I would love the opportunity to look into this data speed issue with you.

I checked our coverage map for this zip code, and although I do see we have 4G LTE coverage in this zip code, I do also see some spotty coverage areas in the same zip code. Are you experiencing problems with your calls and texts as well at this location, or is this only affecting your data connections? Can you provide me the nearest cross streets, city and state of the problem area so that I can take a closer look at our coverage in that exact location? Lastly, are other Verizon Wireless users experiencing this same signal issue at this location?

AnthonyTa_VZW