Service coverage
Tsteinruck

My service has slowly deteriorated in the last couple of years. I am typing this on a T-Mobile iPad, as my Verizon one has no service at the Newark Airport in NJ. In my hometown, Verizon historically has been fantastic and significantly better than everyone else. Well not anymore. Verizon is about the same as the competition, while still charging a premium. It is so bad that it has been followed on my towns Facebook page, with 100s of complaints of how bad the service has gotten. I have taken my concerns to the local Verizon store and they lie and claim service is better than it has ever been, and I am the only one to mention the steep decline. I know many people in my community have also complained. I am curious if this is at all related to sharing the signal with Xfinity, as that is about the right timeline when things got bad. It is just unfortunate, that so many people went from 5 bars almost everywhere, to dropped calls, slow internet or no service at all. So far no one at Verizon has even admitted there is a problem.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Service coverage
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

The last thing we want to see is you walk away from the Verizon family.  Can you please check your Private Messages where I responded?  SantoC_VZW

0 Likes
Re: Service coverage
musician999
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having the same issue except for the fact that I live in San Diego CA. I switched from T-Mobile in April of this year to Verizon because of all the advertisements about how they're the best, well I've been having signal issues since day one. I figured it was because I had ported my number over that maybe was causing some glitches but until today the issue has just gotten worse and worse. i've called Verizon numerous times and nothing has been solved. They opened up a ticket for me and all they told me was that I was in a bad area, but is all of San Diego a bad area because it seems that way. I recently contacted Verizon again for the same issue and they told me the same thing all over again. I told them we had been through this process before and after all the troubleshooting with no success I was offered to trade in my new iphone XS Max for a "like new' replacement which I find ridiculous since when I joined Verizon I paid for a brand new iphone not a "like new" one. The rep told me to contact apple to get a new replacment from them because I was still under warranty. I called apple and they told me it was a Verizon issue not the phone. So i called Verizon back and their last offer to me was that i was able to cancel their service return everything back to them and I would have no penalty for doing so. So I guess Verizon just doesn't want to deal with the issue and would much rather let their clients go because they cannot deliver what they promise and advertise. I hope to hear from you Verizon as I have spoken to every department in your company that could potentially "help" me. Oh yeah and they even tried bumping my plan up to the highest tier because it would improve the signal but guess what? IT KEEPS GETTING WORSE AND WORSE EVERYDAY!!

0 Likes