Re: San Francisco unusable data speeds on LTE band 13
Opanto39
Enthusiast - Level 1

How do u know what LTE band the phone is using based on the results of calling *3001#12345#* ?

Thanks.

0 Likes
Opanto39
Enthusiast - Level 1

It’s about time Verizon stopped posting fatuous, boilerplate  messages  on this subject, we know it “really matters” to you ‘cos you’ve spent a year doing nothing about it - FIX THE PROBLEM.

Any time I go near Castro & 18th with an iPhone X I get 5 bars and ZERO data access. 

I’m not losing anymore money cos I can’t pickup rides when I’m in the Castro and Verizon doesn’t work.

0 Likes
boringusername
Master - Level 1

@Opanto39 wrote:

It’s about time Verizon stopped posting fatuous, boilerplate  messages  on this subject, we know it “really matters” to you ‘cos you’ve spent a year doing nothing about it - FIX THE PROBLEM.

Any time I go near Castro & 18th with an iPhone X I get 5 bars and ZERO data access. 

I’m not losing anymore money cos I can’t pickup rides when I’m in the Castro and Verizon doesn’t work.

It's called congestion. And there are many apps that can tell you what band the phone is using

0 Likes
Opanto39
Enthusiast - Level 1

Are u a Verizon rep?

Its Congestion? Funny how all the congestion happens on the same blocks around Castro St every time and if you drive a few blocks towards the Mission (which we know has hardly anybody using data ever), or back across Market the phone data suddenly works just fine.  Maybe that's Verizon's preferred solution, don't use your phone in the Castro. Or Fort Mason. Or, or, or...

There are many apps... go on, be helpful, name one. 

btw, Do you know how to see what LTE band the phone is using based on the results of calling *3001#12345#* ?

0 Likes
supermaurosf
Enthusiast - Level 2

I would like to bring issue back to Verizon’s attention. This issue has not been resolved. LTE stil unusable in the area. I always have to turn off LTE in order to use my service. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
supermaurosf, Thank you for reaching out. We understand how important it is for your device to perform as optimally as possible. Let's dive in. Are any other services being impacted (talk/text)? How far do you need to travel away from the area for service to improve? 

MelissaP_VZW
0 Likes
supermaurosf
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello,

Voice service it works, text works if the message is being sent as SMS but if it's an iMessage it wont send unless I turn off LTE. The Extent of Castro and 18th St is the worse. 

If I walk up the street towards 19th st I am able to get LTE transferring data again but not at a decent speed as it should be. 

As Mentioned in other posts looks like it has to do with band 13 being congested. When I get LTE to work again I check which band the phone is using and it's 44 or 66 but when in 13 forget it. 

I have another post from 2015 under supermauro complaining about the same problem. I had left Verizon over this issue at Castro in SF. Last January I switched back to Verizon to find out this issue is still around and has not been resolved. 

0 Likes