Received new iPhone XR with a scuff
jwshinny

Ordered a new iPhone XR from the Verizon store. Received it in the mail today and by surprise, when opening it, came a scuff on the bottom of my new phone. Wondering what is the best solution to getting a replacement/exchange.

If I ordered the phone online, is it possible for me to go to the Verizon store to receive a new one? Just don't want the employees to say it happened by me opening/unboxing the device. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Received new iPhone XR with a scuff
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to congratulate you on ordering your new device, and we understand seeing a scuff on the bottom of your iPhone XR can definitely cause concern. We want to make sure that we guide you in the correct path to get this situation corrected. Please tell us, do you see any signs of damage on the packaging? Also, are there any issues with the device other than the scuff?

GeovannJ_VZW

0 Likes
jwshinny

On the box there is a little dent on the bottom corner. I haven’t turned on the device so I am not sure if there are any other defects. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want you to have a great new phone that you love, jwshinny. The best thing to do since it sounds like you are worried about the phone, is to visit the store you placed the order at to exchange the phone.

Giving them a call ahead of time would also be suggested to. 

StevenG_VZW

0 Likes