Rebates not honored
bthrift

My family and I switched from AT&T to Verizon Wireless on April 25, 2019 during a promotion that Verizon was offering. We could bring our own device and get a rebate of $250.00 per line. I was bringing over 4 lines, totaling $1000.00 in rebates which were to be paid with Mastercards. The only stipulation to this promotion was that it had to be done online. I started the process myself and due to an issue with Verizon's website, I had to call into customer service. I explained what happened and was transferred to a man named Ken. He told me that he could take over the process for me and after I asked him several times if this would affect the rebates, he assured me that it would not. He even gave me his cell phone number so that I could text if we had any issues. We followed through the rebate process and received confimation emails and tracking numbers. It stated that the rebates would be confimed and processeed by June 15. It was June 12th when I received an email from Verizon stating that the rebates were invalid. I called Verizon again and was transferred to Nikeisha Gamble. She stated that the rebate center at Verizon would not honor the rebate due to me not completing everything online. That's when I explained to her what all happened when I tried to do this myself on the Verizon website and told her that I called in to ask a question and Ken took over and assured me that I would still receive the rebates that were promised. She assured me that I would receive the rebates or a credit to my Verizon account. She asked me to follow up on June 25th, which I did, and she never responded until the next day, June 26th, when she told me that she would get back to me within the hour. I am still waiting on her to get back with me. On June 29th, I called Verizon again, speaking to James Peckham. I was assured that we would receive credit to our account of $1000.00 since we did not receive the Mastercard rebates. I actually received a text message confirming this. James told me that we would receive credit to our account within 24-58 hours. James said that he would follow up wih me the following Monday, July 1st, which he did not. We never received credit, so I emailed James on Monday as well as texted Nikeisha Gamble, no response. I chatted with a Verizon representative named, Kelly, on July 2nd. At that time, I received a reference number for the credit to our account. This is July 5th and we still have not received credit to our account nor have we had an response from Verizon.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Rebates not honored
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

bthrift, We are happy that you joined the Verizon family and we are sorry to hear that we got off to a rocky start, we're here to help. We understand how important it is to receive such credit and we can assure you this will be completed. A credit of this amount does require approval from several channels and due to the holiday, this process is delayed. We appreciate your patience while the necessary approval is being completed and we asked that you give us to the 10th to see the credit posted to your account. Is this information helpful?

TrinetteW_VZW

0 Likes
BTL23

I switched 4 lines on May 16, 2020. I still have not received my rebates or my free Echo as promised. I chatted today and they were only willing to give me a $75.00 rebate because i did not send in the rebate. I was told it would be automatically be credited to my account (2 phones) my daughters account (2 phones) in 90 days of service. Customer service stated I should have received emails to claim free echo and $150.00 each phone for a rebate. I never received any emails from Verizon and she looked on her end and said no emails were sent. Verizon willing to give me credit for the Echo if I call customer service. I spent over 90 minutes on chat today and nothing was resolved. I have the customer service agents name who dropped the ball and the screen shots of Verizon admitting they did not process it.

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus
Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

BTL23,

I'm very sorry to hear that you had trouble getting everything switched over as we value your loyalty and we want to make joining Verizon a good experience. I have sent you a private message. Please reply when you can so we can get more details and fully assist you. 

AndrewT_VZW

0 Likes