Promised Discount Not Applied
rempson
Contributor - Level 1

At the end of March, I received a notice that I was eligible to upgrade to the Iphone XR with a $300 discount.  No small print stating it must be a new line, no small print that it must be with Unlimited Plan.  Too good to be true, I went through the motions of ordering online to see if discount appeared or not.  

About then, "Alex" the Vz CSR appeared in chat and offered help.  I asked him about the discount, he assured me that he would apply the discount on his end.  I asked if I needed a new line.  Nope, he said.  I asked if Unlimited Plan was required.  He assured me I could keep my current plan of 5 GB for $55 a month.  He said my new phone would be $12.50 off a month, which would appear on my bill.

I then went on to ask about trading in my old phone and he gave me a link to see trade-in value.  It said my phone was worth $180 trade-in. Alex explained that I would get an additional $7.50 a month discount toward new phone purchase, making my monthly payment of my new Iphone $11.50.  He quoted me a total monthly bill of $66..xx .  I asked Alex if I could have everything he told me in writing and he said I could have transcript of our conversation emailed to me.  Which I did.

Stating that if for sure his numbers were all accurrate and I would receive $300 off plus trade-in, I would go ahead and order new Iphone.  Alex informed me he already applied $300 discount to my account and I would begin to see the monthly discount of $12.50 within 1-2 billing cycles.  We ordered the phone, I did the request for trade-in and all seemed well.

My trade-in was processed quickly, but instead of monthtly discount of $7.50, the entire $180 was applied on my account and I was okay with that.  Got my first bill and there wasn't a $12.50 discount on my phone.  I chatted with Vz online and was assured they could see the $300 discount on my account and it would begin next billing cycle.

Second billing cylce came around and still no $12.50 discount.  I again reached out via chat to Vz and this time I was asked "did you get a new line?" "didn't  you do a trade-in?".  I  answered both questions and was told they read my transcript with Alex and this current CSR was going to file a report and escalate to promo department and I would hear within 7 days.  On day 8, I again contacted Vz to say "hey no one got back to me" and she said she could read everything and she was going to contact her superiors and I would hear within 3 days.  Today is day four and still no response.

Today all print outs of my conversations with Verizon go to the BBB, along with a complaint that I am going to file.  I am pretty sure that when I have in writing what Verizon quoted me prior to the sale and promised after, all constitutes an agreement and I am confident that the BBB will side with me.  

I have been a Vz customer since 2006 and this is the first time they have failed to keep their word to me.   

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Promised Discount Not Applied
rempson
Contributor - Level 1

I would like to say that this has been resolved.  After reaching out via Messenger and including original transcript with Verizon which clearly stated I would receive $300 Promo PLUS trade-in for upgrade, I got someone to pay attention.

He immediately checked into it and stated although I couldn't have $300 promo ($12.50 month off device payment), he could apply a $300 credit to my bill because that is what I was told I would receive prior to making my purchase decision.

I appreciate the fact that Verizon stood behind what I was told and honored their word.

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

rempson, thank you for reaching out to us. When did you purchase the device?

LauraL_VZW

boringusername
Master - Level 1

If peole would just do this stuff online they woud avoid this. You would see the terms if you choose to and you wouldn't mistakeningly be told or mistakeninglt hear things you want to hear.

0 Likes
rempson
Contributor - Level 1

I did do this online.  That's why I have a copy of the transcript and what the Vz representative said . So I didn't "hear what I wanted to", rather I asked the right questions and I have his responses recorded. 

rempson
Contributor - Level 1

March 29th.  

0 Likes
rempson
Contributor - Level 1

I would like to say that this has been resolved.  After reaching out via Messenger and including original transcript with Verizon which clearly stated I would receive $300 Promo PLUS trade-in for upgrade, I got someone to pay attention.

He immediately checked into it and stated although I couldn't have $300 promo ($12.50 month off device payment), he could apply a $300 credit to my bill because that is what I was told I would receive prior to making my purchase decision.

I appreciate the fact that Verizon stood behind what I was told and honored their word.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We're happy to hear that you've had this issue resolved, rempson. Please don't hesistate to reach out to us, we're always happy to help and are open 24/7 to assist you. CecileC_VZW

0 Likes
ahs57395
Enthusiast - Level 2

I too am having difficulty seeing the correct promotions applied to my account. I am a new customer. Just purchased two devices. After speaking with multiple people on the phone for an hour and a half each, we are still not fully to the bottom of it, and the most recent person disconnected the call. I have proof of each promotional credit offer on my "order confirmed" email receipt. I made these purchases at verizonwireless.com and I have also been assisted by somone in a corporate Verizon Store who, after reestablishing my new account after some glitches (another hour and a half deal), he assured me that customer service would be able to confirm that the promotions I were promised would be either already there, or would be manually added. I have an order number, location code, verizon messaging proof, email receipts, etc to prove these promotions. One verizon person was able to find all but one promotion, said she would call today to fix the missing promotion through the promotions dept, but didn't. I called today and a new person was able to fix the missing promotion aby adding a manual credit to my account (after a long bit), but now she can't seem to approppriately validate the other promotions on my account that the person yesterday said were there. All I am looking for is all three of my Black Friday promotions to be validated on my account. 

ahs57395
Enthusiast - Level 2

I will add here, that I am fully aware that the promotions won't affect my bill until after 1-2 billing cycles. I am just needing to know that the promotions have been found and applied to my account.

deeznutz602

@boringusername I don't understand your comment. You are blaming the customer, for what Verizon told him/her? And why would that bother you anyway?

0 Likes