Poor Connection in Buildings
hawksfan88
Enthusiast - Level 2

I recently bought an iPhone XR in the fall and have had fine connection everywhere since then. My mom also bought the same phone at the same time on the same plan. Recently, I have begun to get 1x connection or worse(Searching or no connection) specifically when I'm in buildings. It started in my house, but it has become marginally better as the connection now says LTE, but it doesn't seem like I'm actually getting that speed because things aren't loading. All other buildings I've been in have given me 1x or no connection. My mom has the same phone on the same plan and my sister has a 6s on this plan and they are receiving LTE everywhere. I've tried airplane mode and removing the SIM card but none of it has given a permanent solution. Any suggestion would be helpful, thank you.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Poor Connection in Buildings
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We know that staying connected and having reliable service is a must, hawksfan88. We're sorry to hear about the recent connection issues you've experienced and would be glad to help right away. To better assist, we'll be gathering some additional details. Is your device software up to date? Does service automatically improve when you are outdoors?

You can perform a Network Settings Reset on your device by going to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. This will turn your phone off and back on and wipe any information related to your Bluetooth or saved Wi-Fi networks. No personal data will be removed. The following link also has the troubleshooting steps: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-207110/ Please let us know if this yields any results on your end.

LauraF_VZW

0 Likes
hawksfan88
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, my software is up to date and it does more or less automatically improve once I go outside. I may have to move away from the building a little, but it goes back to LTE almost immediately.

@vzw_customer_support wrote:

We know that staying connected and having reliable service is a must, hawksfan88. We're sorry to hear about the recent connection issues you've experienced and would be glad to help right away. To better assist, we'll be gathering some additional details. Is your device software up to date? Does service automatically improve when you are outdoors?

You can perform a Network Settings Reset on your device by going to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. This will turn your phone off and back on and wipe any information related to your Bluetooth or saved Wi-Fi networks. No personal data will be removed. The following link also has the troubleshooting steps: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-207110/ Please let us know if this yields any results on your end.

LauraF_VZW

0 Likes
hawksfan88
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have also tried the reset network settings and it doesn’t work. I essentially get no service without wifi at this point even if it says I’m getting LTE I am not. Please help. This isn’t what I’ve paid for.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We definitely want you to get the service you paid for hawksfan88. I'm truly sorry about the service issues you're having but we will not leave you without a resolution. How long have you had the device? Is the software up to date? You can also stop a Verizon Corporate store in your area and we can try replacing the SIM card. If that does not work, we will need to replace the phone if there is no damage.

KinquanaH_VZW

0 Likes
hawksfan88
Enthusiast - Level 2

My software is up to date and I’ve only had the phone since early November of 2018. The phone isn’t damaged in anyway but it just doesn’t work correctly. I don’t know much about phones but from what I’ve been reading, and based on what I’ve tried(what seems like everything), replacing the SIM card almost feels like the best option because everything else on the phone works fine, it’s just the service that’s not working.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I see. Thank you for clearing this up for us, and no worries. We will help you figure this out. to confirm, are you currently in the location where you are having these issues? if so, we would like to run a speed test with your device to see what kind of signal you are getting at home. Please click on the following link, and select Run Speed Test. Then please share your results with us to further troubleshoot the issue with your connection: https://www.google.com/search?q=speed%20test&cad=h DavidR_VZW

0 Likes
hawksfan88
Enthusiast - Level 2

I ran the test at my house, where the issue is most prevalent. I ran it a few times before it worked for both speeds and I was on what it says was 2 bars of LTE when I ran it. I ran the test with wifi off.image1.png

0 Likes
hawksfan88
Enthusiast - Level 2

Not sure if this helps but this is my sisters connection from her 6s from the same spot in my house with no WiFi on.

DC8CB199-2DF3-4DE1-8A34-4D7A60C27B24.png

0 Likes
hawksfan88
Enthusiast - Level 2

D1D5DC24-6712-4062-9BFF-6CF843476A9F.png

This was my speed outside today. No WiFi and on 4 bars of LTE.

0 Likes