Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15 Plus. Newphoria. Get it on us with select Unlimited plans. New line req'd. No trade-in req'd. Online only. Ends 3.31. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 4,862 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions
Phone rings, then stops, then rings again for the same call???
SGIC

I have an iPhone X which is fairly new.  I called in to Verizon to ask about this problem and was told to change my ringtone.  I did that and same problem.  It also appears that I cannot shorten the number of rings for the call so that I could eliminate the stopping and the second (but shorter) round of ringing.  Please help!  Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Phone rings, then stops, then rings again for the same call???
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SGIC, being able to manage the ring functionality of your iPhone X is important. You've come to the right place for help. To clarify, did you have this issue prior to the iPhone X, or only after? Does this occur only with specific numbers, or all incoming calls? Looking forward to hearing back.

Lorenzo_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
SGIC

I previously had the iPhone 7 and did not have this problem.  The problem is with all incoming calls.  Thanks.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
0 Likes
SGIC

Do what?  I don't understand your question.

Do you know how to fix this problem?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Do you have do not disturb settings on?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
SGIC

Sometimes, but this issue occurs when do not disturb is off.  I initially thought it was due to DND being on and thought the second ring was the ring that can be heard, but it was not.  It's all part of the same phone call.  I'm surprised more people have not had this issue.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
0 Likes