People can't hear me clearly
LJW77

I have an Iphone X, new in December. Many people are complaining they can't hear me clearly. They say my voice fades away quietly, then gets clear. It happens intermittently. I have tried many things to fix this! I have been to a Verizon dealer twice, Apple store twice, and then back to Verizon again. These things have been tried:

Verizon tried changing various settings on the phone, checking for defects, etc (during two different visits there)

Apple did a factory reset  (during first visit there)

Apple replaced phone (druring second visit there) 

Verizon replaced SIM card (during third visit there)

It happens with the phone case both on and off. My hand does not cover microphone when talking. I don't move my mouth away from the phone. It happens in various locations. It happens in various weather conditions (snow, windy, calm, rainy)  It does not happen all the time, but enough times throughout the day that it is very frustating!

I never had this problem with my Iphone 5C. 

Help?!?!  What else can be done to fix this problem?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: People can't hear me clearly
LJW77

Anyone else experience anything like this? Was there a solutiong?

0 Likes
leegayintexas

I am having the same issue when receiving calls - either they cannot hear me at all or I am faint or garbled. Happens intermittently. I am using an iphone XR which I purchased from BestBuy prior to getting Verizon service. I don't believe this has happend on outgoing calls - just incoming. Running iOS 12.3.1. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We know how important it is for clear communication Leegayintexas. We apologize for the issues you are having with your device. Let's gather details to resolve this for you. Does your device have a case? There are some case designs that can cover the microphone. A good way to verify this would be removing the case and making calls with a good connection. Signal can also play a part in performance. Does the issue happen when connectivity is weak? This could explain the trouble as well. Please share these details with us. BobbyN_VZW

0 Likes