Paying full price at Apple Store but Verizon says you need to pay us balance
ASHSHA88

So I placed an order for iPhone X (fully paid) which I will pick up at the Apple Store on 11/03 and 9 AM. I currently own a iPhone 7 Plus and still have 11 device payments left @$36.24 per bill cycle.  I also get a Trade-In Credit Promo for next 11 months @16.66 per bill cycle. 

I went to the Verizon store today (happened to be eating lunch at the store next to it and stopped by) and the representative told me that even though you have prepaid for the iPhone X you still need to either trade in your iPhone 7 PLUS OR pre-pay Verizon the remaining balance 11 times $36.24.  FWIW, in both these options I loose the Trade-In Credit Promo (11 times $16.66).

I fail to understand the rationale behind it since I am brining my own device (paid in full).  This is similar to me accidentally loosing my iPhone 7 PLUS and then using my old iPhone 6.  Would Verizon in that case give me the same answer that they are giving me above? I personally feel the rational way is that I use iPhone X and continue to pay them as per agreement i.e. for next 11 months I pay them and get bill credit as if nothing has changed.

Does anyone has any thought about it? The representative was saying, your current agreement will terminate and you will be put on a new agreement that is why you have to pre-pay the remaining balance. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Paying full price at Apple Store but Verizon says you need to pay us balance
danieller_vzw
Verizon Employee

We're excited for the new iPhone X and want to make sure you are billed correctly, ASHSHA88. If you purchase a device at full retail, you do have the option to activate the phone on your line without it changing your current device payment. Your current device payment through Verizon would continue to bill. We're sorry for any confusion this has caused.

DanielleR_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Paying full price at Apple Store but Verizon says you need to pay us balance
danieller_vzw
Verizon Employee

We're excited for the new iPhone X and want to make sure you are billed correctly, ASHSHA88. If you purchase a device at full retail, you do have the option to activate the phone on your line without it changing your current device payment. Your current device payment through Verizon would continue to bill. We're sorry for any confusion this has caused.

DanielleR_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes